Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Split: – combine two custom field value and save automatically with form submit

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Split: - combine two custom field value and save automatically with form submit

Solution:
You should try to use the Toolset form's hook "cred_save_data" to combine the custom fields values and update it as post title.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-combine-two-custom-field-value-and-save-automatically-with-form-submit/#post-1365469

Relevant Documentation:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by geoffD vor 4 Jahre, 6 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hi Minesh...

Ok I have been doing some work on this and have found some solutions..so lets start again from the beginning!

I have 3 problems:
1. When I'm in Access Control to set permissions for my various user roles for the various forms it will not save my changes.

2. I have a form with 3 fields - (first-name, surname and full-name) - When submitting the form I need for the full-name field to be automatically filled and saved with the first name and surname merged with a space between
e.g.
first-name: George
surname: Dawson
full-name: George Dawson

3. I have a CPT 'PERSON' that the user creates but can only create one of so - $person[0] I also have a CPT 'PARTNER PAGE' that again the user can only create one of so $partner_page[0]... When I go to the create 'PARTNER PAGE' or the edit 'PARTNER PAGE' I want the fields:
first name
surname
Automatically filled with the first name and surname fields from the CPT PERSON ($person[0])
I need to create some hook that retrieves the PERSON information whenever the create PARTNER PAGE or edit PARTNER page is called

I shall look forward to your response

Best regards
Geoff

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You can use the Toolset Form's hook cred_save_data in order to combine two form field values.

For example - Add the following code to your current theme's functions.php file or "Custom Code" section offered by Toolset:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/

//Create a dynamic post title by the CRED form.
add_action('cred_save_data','func_custom_post_title',10,2);
function func_custom_post_title($post_id,$form_data) {

if ($form_data['id']==9999) {

$name = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-first-name', true);
        $surname = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-surname', true);

$fullname = $name. ' ' .$surname ;

update_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-full-name', $fullname);

}
}

Where:
- Replace 9999 with your original form ID

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

Hi Minesh

The field that I actually need filling is not 'full-name' it is the post title..so I added the following code to the functions file but it is not working and auto creating a post title:

[code]add_action('cred_save_data','func_custom_post_title',10,2);

if ($form_data['id']==1678) {

$fullname = $name. ' ' .$surname ;

update_post_meta($post_id, $post_title, $fullname);

}
}[/code]

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

If you want to update the post title you need to use the following code;

add_action('cred_save_data','func_custom_post_title',10,2);

if ($form_data['id']==1678) {

$title = $name. ' ' .$surname ;

$args = array('ID' => $post_id, 'post_title' => $title);
wp_update_post($args);

}
}

That's amazing Minesh. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.