Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] show only primary taxonomy in a view

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by nicolaT-2 vor 1 Jahr, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hi, is it possible to create a view that prints only the taxonomy elements that are marked as primary? How can we do this?

Thanks,
Nicola

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know first how the taxonomy marked as primary - are you using any addon plugin for that? Where you mark term as primary term?

Can you please share all those required information, maybe screenshot would help as well.

toolset-primary-taxonomy.png

Hi Minesh,
the taxonomy is marked as primary using standard WordPress function. For example, in the uploaded image you can see the "Branches" taxonomy used to classify doctors. The doctor of this screenshot works in the ambulatories "allergology" and "dermatology", so i need to select both taxonomies to correctly show his activity. Anyway, although he works in both ambulatories, the main one for him is "dermatology", so I also have to be able to extract only this one in a view that should print a text like "Doctor [name], head of [primary branch].

I hope I made clear why I need to extract only the primary taxonomy.

Cheers,
Nicola

Minesh
Supporter

It seems the primary term feature is coming from Yoast SEO.

Can you please share problem URL of one of the post where you want to display "Doctor [name], head of [primary branch]" as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***

I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I could not able to access the plugins page. Can you please grant me access to plugins page as I would like to check in database how the primary category is stored.

Hi Minesh, sorry for the trouble, now you should be ok.

Nicola

Minesh
Supporter

You did not grant permission to add/remove plugins. Can you please do that. I require to install the plugin to access the database.

The project is a multisite network, to manage plugins you need to go here hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've added the following code to "Custom Code" section offered by Toolset with code snippet "toolset-custom-code":
=> hidden link

add_filter('wpv_filter_query', 'func_filter_by_yoast_primary_term', 99, 3);
function func_filter_by_yoast_primary_term( $query_args, $view_settings, $view_id ) {
    global $post;
    if($view_id == 2112 ){

$query_args['tax_query'][0]['terms'] = 0;
      $primary_term = get_post_meta($post->ID,'_yoast_wpseo_primary_branca-tax',true);
      if(!empty($primary_term)) {

$query_args['tax_query'][0]['terms'] = $primary_term;
     }

}
    return $query_args;
}

That's great Minesh! It's working! Thank you very much, I would not have been able to solve it by myself.

Cheers,
Nicola

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.