Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] reload map disables bootstrap modal js-wpv-addon-maps-reload-map

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Waqar vor 2 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

using css class js-wpv-addon-maps-reload-map <-- reloads the map but then prevents any of my bootstrap modals from firing ad I have to hard refresh the page.

if however I use the css class: js-wpv-addon-maps-restore-map <-- this works and and all modals work.

Is this expected behavior? or do I need to some something special?

thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From your message, I'll assume that the bootstrap modals are inside the map marker content.

If that is correct this is the expected behavior, as the "js-wpv-addon-maps-restore-map" class only reverts the map to its initial state while the "js-wpv-addon-maps-reload-map" reloads or re-initiates it, as a whole. As a result, any dynamic elements inside the map or map marker will need to re-initialize as well after the reload, or they won't fire/execute.

I hope this makes it more clear.

regards,
Waqar

Cool, that's ok... one more thing on that so I am clear...

using css class js-wpv-addon-maps-reload-map <-- this closes the marker (initial state before clicked).

using css class: js-wpv-addon-maps-restore-map <-- this keeps the marker open when you use it... is there a way to make it close the marker (this is the behavior I was hoping for with the first option).

Alternatively, is there a way you can click out of the map and it close, rather than using the close X in the top right each time?

thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

I've performed some test but no matter whether I use the "js-wpv-addon-maps-restore-map" class or the "js-wpv-addon-maps-reload-map" class, it doesn't stop the bootstrap modals from firing.

The reason they are not firing on your website could be that the code of your modal HTML seems to be inside the map marker shortcode ( [wpv-map-marker]...[/wpv-map-marker] ). Can you test this by moving the modal HTML out of the map marker shortcode?

I'm afraid, there is no direct Toolset function available to programmatically close all the map markers on click or on map restore. So, this will requires some custom script code from Google Maps API. For pointers around that you can consult community forums like https://stackoverflow.com/ or someone from our recommended contactor's list:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.