Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Recommended Method for Recompiling Bootstrap

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Client wants to change default stying used in Bootstrap (which ships with Toolset).

Solution:
You can regenerate the Bootstrap files with your own styles at https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/customize/

You would then need to manually enqueue these files and set the Toolset > Settings to say the theme is already loading Bootstrap.

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by aaronM-9 vor 5 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

I would like to start integrating branding into my website and I can see it's possible to compile bootstrap using specific branding colors. However, I'm not sure the best way to do this while using Toolset. I've noticed there are bootstrap.css files contained within each of the Toolset plugin directories. Do you have a recommended way of integrating brand colors into the bootstrap that's used in Toolset? Thanks.

- Aaron

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Aaron

You should use Bootstrap's own customiser: hidden link

(Note, Toolset is still using version 3.3.)

Now, you should not edit the Toolset plugin files (your changes would be overwritten by updates).

What you need to do is go to Toolset > Settings and update the Bootstrap settings to say that your theme is already loading Bootstrap (so Toolset won't), and then enqueue the CSS and JS files yourself in your child theme's functions.php file.

(Your theme surely already has a function for enqueuing CSS and JS and you could edit that to additionally enqueue Bootstrap, or write your own function separately. See https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/including-css-javascript/ for details.)

Haven't tried it out yet but seems straightforward enough to close the ticket. Thanks for the help.

- Aaron

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.