Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error

This support ticket is created vor 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 7 Monate.

Author
Artikel
2023-10-01_15-37-38.png

Given "Toolset Types" is enabled
When I try to activate a plunging
Then that plugin fails to enable and the error "Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error." is shown.
--------------------------------------
Given "Toolset Types" is disabled
When I try to activate a plunging
Then that plugin is activated
--------------------------------------

What I have tried:

1. Disable all plugins
2. Enable plugins one at a time

If "Toolset Types" is active then all subsequent attempts to enable a plugin (any plugin) fail with the error "Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.". No entries are listed in the log, and no additional error message has been extracted from PHP or WordPress.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I logged in to your site and I could see the problem with trying to activate plugins while Types is already active.

I checked the debug.log, and while I couldn't find any errors directly relating to this, I did see that a very large debug.log is being generated (80k entries since yesterday) as every requests is generating hundreds of deprecation notices.

I see you are running PHP version 8.2.10, which would account for so many deprecation notices, and may account for the problem activating Types.

Are you able to update the server to use an 8.1.x version of PHP and re-test?

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.