Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] order the results that the View gets not working

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Dieses Thema enthält 10 Antworten, hat 3 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von davidZ-4 vor 5 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assistiert von: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel
ordering settings.JPG
order not working.JPG

I am trying to: get a descending order of results based on a custom field value

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: versteckter Link

I expected to see: the products with the high score (custom filed as number) show in descending order

Instead, I got: products with no score at all showing in the results while other products that have higher score not showing.

the view is limited to five results

Minesh
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English )

Zeitzone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - to check why ordering is not working on your install, I need to check your view's configurations and need to check what query build by view for that I need access to your site.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry - I'm bit confuse here with your actual requirements.

I tried to check with following URL to display products with price less than 500 and its displaying and filtering the products correctly.
=> versteckter Link

Am I missing something here?

Hi Minesh,

please try with versteckter Link
you will see 2 products not order in the right order
if you try versteckter Link
you should see 5 products but only 2 are in display
look at the woo commerce product list and see that there are 5 simple products under $10000
you can take a look at versteckter Link for all the grouped and simple products

Thanks,

David

also, if you go to versteckter Link
you should see the top 5 products by score but only 2 are showing.

Thanks,

David

Minesh
Supporter

also, if you go to versteckter Link
you should see the top 5 products by score but only 2 are showing.
==> Well - this is happening because we added view's filter to show "simple" products. Could you please tell me when you want to display only "simple" products?

simple products.JPG

Hi Minesh,
yes, these are simple products. however there are other simple products n the store that don't show in the view for some reason.
see enclose screenshot products filter by type = simple in the woocommerce product list

on this page versteckter Link with the view in it i want to display only simple products.

Thanks,

David

Dear David,

I have modified the view "test bootstrap table", in section "Ordering" change it to order by custom field "bike-score".
It should be same slug as the custom field "Bike Score" setting:
versteckter Link

Please check if it is fixed or not, thanks

Thanks Luo.
It solved the issue 🙂 !

Just one more question.
For some reason I selected the field "bicycle-score" instead of "bike-score" in the view Ordering section.
When I check the "Post Field Control" I see that bicycle-score is not managed with Toolset and I'm not sure if this is something I created using Toolset or if its coming form a plugin.
The full slug is 'wpcf-bicycle-score' so I believe its a Toolset custom filed, created then deleted from the "Post fields" section and it stay in the DB. I guess that to fully remove it from the DB I need to "Manage with Types" then delete it.

Am I correct?

David

Yes, you are correct, you can manage it with Types plugin then remove it.

Thanks Luo.

Dieses Ticket ist jetzt geschlossen. Wenn Sie ein Toolset Kunde sind und Hilfe benötigen, eröffnen Sie bitte ein neues Support-Ticket.