Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] On submit form. Take the value from a field to another field.

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by jesusM-6 vor 2 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Hello!

With the next code, in the WordPress admin, I can generate the value of the field "email-comercial-asociado" depending on the relationship field "comercial-expediente". But now, I want to do the same but when creating the post from a front-end form.

add_action( 'save_post', 'copy_relation_to_field_email_for_recomendado', 100, 3 );
function copy_relation_to_field_email_for_recomendado( $post_id, $post, $update ) {
if ( $post->post_status == 'publish' && $post->post_type == 'recomendado' ) {
$recomendado_id = $post_id;
// Get ID from CPT "comercial" parent of CPT "recomendado"
$comercial_id = toolset_get_related_post( $recomendado_id, 'comercial-expediente', 'parent');
$author_comercial_id = get_post_field( 'post_author', $comercial_id );
$author_coemrcial_email = get_the_author_meta( 'email', $author_comercial_id );
// Update custom field
update_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-email-comercial-asociado', $author_coemrcial_email );
}
}

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jesus,

Thank you for getting in touch. If the above code works on the backend, then the only thing you need to do is to use the Hook for our frontend form.

The Hook that is equivalent to this would be the one in the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

Thanks,
Shane

The first code run ok, but I modify it to use it with the front-end form and it doesn't work:

But I modify it to use it from the form and it doesn't work:

add_action('cred_save_data', 'copy_relation_to_field_email_for_recomendado_frontend',999,2);
function copy_relation_to_field_email_for_recomendado_frontend($post_id, $form_data)
{
// if a specific form
if ($form_data['id']==335)
{
if (isset($_POST['@comercial-expediente.parent']))
{
$recomendado_id = $post_id;
// Cogemos el ID del CPT comercial padre del recomendado
$comercial_id = toolset_get_related_post( $recomendado_id, 'comercial-expediente', 'parent');
$author_comercial_id = get_post_field( 'post_author', $comercial_id );
$author_coemrcial_email = get_the_author_meta( 'email', $author_comercial_id );
// add it to saved post meta
add_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-email-comercial-asociado', $author_coemrcial_email);
}
}
}

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jesus,

I'm not seeing any reason why this shouldn't work.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site as well as a link to the page where you are testing this so that I can do a firsthand check ?

Thanks,
Shane

I have already found the error. The line of code to verify that the relationship field is defined is not correct.

if (isset($_POST['@comercial-expediente.parent']))

If I delete the line the field change is done correctly, but I need to evaluate if the relationship field is defined to avoid errors.

I need to know how the relationship field value is stored in the variable $ _POST

Any ideas to fix it? Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jesusm

I believe the . is replaced by an underscore.

Try using this below.

if (isset($_POST['@comercial-expediente_parent']))

If the above doesn't work then please try the one below.

if (isset($_POST['@comercial-expediente-parent']))

Failing both of these you can dump the post_data variable unto the page when you submit the form

var_dump($form_data);

Then you should be able to see the entire payload of the form data and see exactly what exactly is the identifier for the field.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jesusm

I believe the . is replaced by an underscore.

Try using this below.

if (isset($_POST['@comercial-expediente_parent']))

If the above doesn't work then please try the one below.

if (isset($_POST['@comercial-expediente-parent']))

Failing both of these you can dump the post_data variable unto the page when you submit the form

var_dump($form_data);

Then you should be able to see the entire payload of the form data and see exactly what exactly is the identifier for the field.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.