Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Messages created with Toolset can be visible by Toolset

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:

Disable post type posts from showing up in Google Searches

Solution:
You should be able to use the YOAST plugin to set the noindex and nofollow attribute on the post types.

If you install the Yoast plugin and go to Yoast -> Search Appearances you can disable the post type from appearing in searches.

https://yoast.com/show-x-in-search-results/#utm_source=yoast-seo&utm_medium=software&utm_term=info-search-results-settings&utm_content=settings&utm_campaign=wordpress-general&php_version=7.4&platform=wordpress&platform_version=5.7.2&software=free&software_version=16.5&days_active=0-1

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Pat vor 2 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Pat

Hello,
I'm using Toolset form to create messages in a site. So each time a message is created, a post is also created.
The issue is that if I'm making a Google search using the name of the person that wrote the message, I'm getting an answer linked to my site adress !!!
As you can imagine, some poeple are not very happy to discover that anybody could see that they have made a message on a specific site !

What is the best way to ensure the messages created on a site using Toolset form plugin will not be listed by Google in the future?

Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pat,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You should be able to use the YOAST plugin to set the noindex and nofollow attribute on the post types.

If you install the Yoast plugin and go to Yoast -> Search Appearances you can disable the post type from appearing in searches.

hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the info. In the meantime, I had already managed the Yoast plugin to avoid any "message" postypes to appear in the searches.
But I think it would be good to add this kind of funtionnality inside Toolset Postype admin tab in order to manage the way a Toolset created postype would appear or not in the search results. This will help by not forcing to use a specific plugin !
Can you pass this proposal to your development team?

Regards
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.