Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] MANY-TO-MANY relationships disappearing after save & return to page or reload

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Dieses Thema enthält 3 Antworten, hat 3 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Minesh vor 7 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assistiert von: Minesh.

Author
Artikel
Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 6.50.44 PM.png

I am trying to:
many-to-many relationship between an Event, a Sponsor, and an Sponsorship Opportunity, where the Sponsorship Opportunity is parent to the other two.

I visited this URL:
1) any Event page to manage Sponsor information/relation
2) save an Event Page with Sponsor information/relation

I expected to see:
the previously added/saved Sponsor information/relation saved

Instead, I got:
the Sponsorship Opportunities remain, but the Sponsor relations disappear intermittently. It's very frustrating as editing the page can take 1-20x times to get everything close to correct... and the next time you look at the page the relations are broken again... people trying to publish content on this system I set up hate me and want me fired now (jK)

I can not reproduce this.

1. I created a "Parent Post Type A"
2. I created a "Parent Post Type B"
3. BOTH are parent to the WordPress Native Posts.
4. I head to "Parent Post Type A" > Add new
5. I save the Post and create a Child Post from within the Post Relationship Table
6. During this process I choose a "Parent Post Type B" (parent to the new Child Post)
7. I save and edit
8. The relations remain, even if many posts are added.

I also tried this with all possible "only Custom posts" setups.

It must be a issue due to your system or some corrupted files.

1. Does the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

2. Re-install the Plugins

❌ Backup your website and database ❌
• Deactivate/Delete the "Installer" plugin (if you have it)
• Deactivate all Toolset plugins
• Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder
• Delete all Toolset Plugins folders
• Go to https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ and download the latest stable Types Plugin, then extract it.
• Upload the plugin via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder.
⌥ alternatively you could upload the .zip file using Dashboard > Plugins > New > Upload
• Register the Plugin for your site
⌥ you can do that under Dashboard > Types > Settings > Types Tools > Installer
• Download all other needed Plugins
• Activate them in Dashboard > Plugins
This should not generate any problems.

⌥ In case you want to register Toolset Plugins for your site manually please make sure to enter the naked URL of your site in wp-types.com (something like versteckter Link)

⌥ In the extreme case, please try to register with all non-Toolset Plugins deactivated,
and Theme Toolset Bootstrap enabled.

3. Check your console for errors and report them

4. Activate WP Debug and let me know if any errors are visible
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

nope. still getting relationships mysteriously disappearing. they are there for day then gone the next. something has to be deleting the entry in the DB. I've installed the whole site on a different server/database and updated everything and I'm getting the same results. Something, somewhere has to be over writing parts of the relations record... where is that stored?

Minesh
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English )

Zeitzone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Beda is on holiday. This is Minesh here to help you further and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

Types stores parent post ID in postmeta table with key name:

_wpcf_belongs_{parent-posttype-slug}_id

You can check your database to see if parent IDs are exists.

Also,
- Have you tried to resolve your issue with only Toolset plugins + default theme?
- Have you tried to reinstall all Toolset plugins?

Dieses Ticket ist jetzt geschlossen. Wenn Sie ein Toolset Kunde sind und Hilfe benötigen, eröffnen Sie bitte ein neues Support-Ticket.