Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Legacy content templates can no longer be edited using the legacy interface.

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Dieses Thema enthält 12 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Shane vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monate.

Assistiert von: Shane.

Author
Artikel
Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 7.00.49 AM.png

I am trying to: Display the body of a post nested in a parent relationship.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: versteckter Link

I expected to see: I have an HTML table on the body that is no longer rendering

Instead, I got: No table shown.

I want to add that no matter what settings I have for editing content templates, they now always force me to use blocks.

If you look at the single item, it shows as it should, but when it is displayed inside a parent "Section," the body of the post is gone.

Section 18 – versteckter Link

If you open the accordion for 18.2: You will see the table is missing.

But if you load the item directly: versteckter Link

The table is there.

Shane
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English )

Zeitzone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for getting in touch.
This sounds like the classic view editor isn't enabled.
If the classic view hasn't been enabled you can enable it by going to Toolset -> Settings and scrolling to Editing Experience. From there I recommend that you select " Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build".

From there you should see the editor preference for the content template appear. You can set your preference here.

Thanks,
Shane

I had that set since I am using legacy and current features. It is the first thing I checked. The issue is very odd. Everything is fine if I display the post directory without it being nested on a parent. Once it is on the parent, it no longer displays the post's body. But to make matters worse, it is not all times that drop the body, some still have it.

The last toolset update converted the classic content template to a Block editor implementation. If I attempt to revert it to the legacy editor, it wipes it out.

I have View with Bootstrap accordion implementation. The first accordion displays correctly. The second one no longer contains the body of the post.

I found a workaround. I am positive this is a bug. It has to do with the legacy view and the content template. So since the body is not showing on any of the following child posts, only on the first one, I decided to create a custom field to house this content. It works now, but I have to modify all items on the website by moving the body content to the custom post field.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

Happy to see that you're able to workaround the issue.

However I would like to see if this is something that is replicable. Can you record a short demonstration video of the issue to see if I can replicate it here locally.

Thanks,
Shane

I can, Shane, but this website was developed using Toolset legacy code. I have had to patch as best I could with the new implementations. I will work on making the video since I have a copy of the broken site. Just allow me a bit of time to get to it. Some parts use heavy conditional statements but oddly enough, none that would interfere with displaying the body content of the posts. As I mentioned, in the View loop, the first instance is correct; the following ones drop the body content.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

Is there any update on this one ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Something else happened to this website. I had a backup, fortunately, but the theme also started behaving erratically, and so being under the impression that something messed up affected Toolset and the theme. I attempted all the usual fixes of reinstalling WordPress, the theme, and troubleshooting the plugins. The backup has the latest version of every component, and it is running correctly. So it must be some database corruption on this particular install.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for the update.

Happy to see its working correctly. You can go ahead and close this ticket when you're ready.

Thanks,
Shane

Dieses Ticket ist jetzt geschlossen. Wenn Sie ein Toolset Kunde sind und Hilfe benötigen, eröffnen Sie bitte ein neues Support-Ticket.