Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Layouts plugin: Author 'description' not appearing on Author Archive page

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by chrisH-10 vor 2 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do?
This site uses the old Layouts plugin! Trying to show an author's bio on their blog archive page (not other archives).

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Standard docs and I found the following ticket. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/author-page-single/
My attempts are essentially this:
<!--
[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="description"]
[wpv-user field="description" id="[wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='ID']"]
[wpv-user field="description" id="[get_author_id_in_archive]"]
[get_author_id_in_archive]
-->
Where [wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='ID'] results in a userID that is not the author while [get_author_id_in_archive] returns 0.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see exactly how this author archive is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I was able to make this work using the slightly updated code for the custom shortcodes.

In your existing custom snippet named "get_author_id_in_archive", you'll find these updated shortcodes:

// get author's ID shortcode
function get_author_id_in_archive_func($atts) {
  return get_the_author_meta('ID');
}
add_shortcode("get-author-id-in-archive", "get_author_id_in_archive_func");

// get author's Bio/Description shortcode
function get_author_desc_in_archive_func($atts) {
  return get_the_author_meta('description');
}
add_shortcode("get-author-desc-in-archive", "get_author_desc_in_archive_func");

The first shortcode [get-author-id-in-archive] will return the author's ID while the second shortcode [get-author-desc-in-archive] will return the author's bio/description, on the author archive's page.

You can see these shortcodes working at:
hidden link

Perfect. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.