Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Is there a page on the travel reference site where woocommerce use is shown?

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Beda vor 7 Jahre.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

Is the woocommerce on the travel reference site supposed to be for trips and are there examples for that? How would i go to create such bookable trips on that site?

To be honest I am not sure what WooCommerce is added to that Reference Site as I cannot see any feature that actually lets me "book" those particular Trips.

I'll ask the related Developer about this.

Now to your doubt, how you could make those Trips "bookable", I would say, the easiest is to use WooCommerce Products directly as the single Trips, but the problem here is CRED; which is not 100% ready to create and edit Products.

What you can do is craete a Custom Post, let's say you call it "bookings".
That Post type is child to your Trips and whenever someone books that trip, what happens is that a Child post to that Trip is created (a booking)

This will allow you to even bind this to a WooCommerce Product as example if you want a WooCommerce alike Checkout process.

Or, you can simply add Fields to the bookings Post, that will mirror the Costs of the Trip.

I must say, the booking process per se is probably easier to achieve out of the box with a Tool like https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-bookings/

The Travel site we have as reference is a great example for a list of Travels, and yes you could connect them with WooCommerce to let the visitors actually book them.

With Toolset you can do that as above mentioned with an additonal Post Type "bookings".
It then also matter what and who is notified upon a booking, where the question comes up if Toolset is the correct tool for this, or the Booking software above linked would be better.

Thank you so much for making this clear. Your support is amazing!

I consulted with Peter, the maker of that site, and the plan is to perhaps later on add WooCommerce features to the site, that is why it's already included.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.