Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] I need to add sorting control

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by marcB-6 vor 1 Jahr, 7 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hi Support team,

I want to add two radio button in view one for sorting order ASC post_date and one for sorting order DESC post_date how it work can you please guide me

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

If you are using classic view, Here is the possibility about how you can add sorting option for post date field as radio button.

[wpv-sort-orderby type="radio" options="post_date" label_for_post_date="Post date" orderby_ascending_for="post_date"][wpv-sort-order type="radio" options="asc,desc" label_for_asc="Ascending" label_for_desc="Descending" label_asc_for_post_date="Older first" label_desc_for_post_date="Newer first"]

if you are using block view, please follow the following doc:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-search/#add-front-end-sorting-to-search-results

Hi Minesh,

I added same thing in my view but can't working. can you please help me for solve issue.

hidden link

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share admin access details and problem URL where you want to add sorting controls.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check now. I've added the following shortcode:

[wpv-sort-orderby type="radio" options="post_date" label_for_post_date="Post date" orderby_ascending_for="post_date"]
[wpv-sort-order type="radio" options="asc,desc" label_for_asc="Ascending" label_for_desc="Descending" label_asc_for_post_date="Asc" label_desc_for_post_date="DESC"]

You can change the label as required.

I can see it working as expected.

The issue was from the cache of "SiteGround Optimizer" plugin. I've disabled it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.