Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to translate text in a view

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by fred-r.M vor 2 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do? I do have this code in a view:

<p class="mymeals"><i class="fal fa-utensils-alt" title="Included meals: B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner"></i> <em>[types field="meals"][/types]</em></p>

And I like to translate "Included meals: B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner."

Is there any documentation that you are following? I didn't found anything

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link and under the tab Program, where I have a title on a small image

Additional information, as this is a general issue:

We do have another view, where I need to get text translated:

- Loop item template in Tour Calendar

<div class="g-cols vc_row type_default valign_top mytourcalendarrow">
	<div class="vc_col-sm-2 wpb_column vc_column_container calendarbutton">
		<div class="vc_column-inner">
			<div class="wpb_wrapper">
				<span class="w-btn us-btn-style_5 mycalendarbutton">[types field='tour-date-field' style='text' format='d. M Y'][/types]</span>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>
	<div class="vc_col-sm-8 wpb_column vc_column_container mytourcalendar firstline">
		<div class="vc_column-inner myinnercolumn">
				<p class="mytourtitle">[types field='short-titel' item="@tourid.parent"][/types]</p>
                <p class="mytourduration"> ([types field='tour-days' format='FIELD_VALUE' item='@tourid.parent'][/types] Days / [types field='number-of-tour-nights' format='FIELD_VALUE' item='@tourid.parent'][/types] Nights)</p> <p class="mytourprice"><strong>Rate:</strong> [ts_format_number][types field='tour-price' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types][/ts_format_number] / <strong>Surcharge:</strong> [ts_format_number][types field='supplement' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types][/ts_format_number]</p>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>
	<div class="vc_col-sm-2 wpb_column vc_column_container calendarbutton">
				<div class="mycalenderbuttons">
					<a class="w-btn us-btn-style_7 mycalbooknow" href="[wpv-post-url item="@tourid.parent"]"><span class="w-btn-label">Book now</span><span class="ripple-container"></span></a>
				</div>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

<div class="g-cols wpb_row  type_default valign_top vc_inner mytourcalendarrowmobile">
  <div class="vc_col-sm-12 wpb_column vc_column_container">
        <div class="mycalendarbuttoncolumn">
			<span class="w-btn us-btn-style_5 mycalendarbutton">[types field='tour-date-field' style='text' format='d/m/Y'][/types]</span>
            <a class="w-btn us-btn-style_7 mycalendarbutton" href="[wpv-post-url item="@tourid.parent"]"><span class="w-btn-label">Book now</span><span class="ripple-container"></span></a>
        </div>
        <div class="mycalendarcontent">
           <p class="mytourtitle">[types field='short-titel' item="@tourid.parent"][/types]</p>
           <p class="mytourduration">([types field='tour-days' format='FIELD_VALUE' item='@tourid.parent'][/types] Days / [types field='number-of-tour-nights' format='FIELD_VALUE' item='@tourid.parent'][/types] Nights)</p>
           <p class="mytourprice"><strong>Rate:</strong> [ts_format_number][types field='tour-price' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types][/ts_format_number] /</p>
           <p class="mytourprice"><strong>Surcharge:</strong> [ts_format_number][types field='supplement' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types][/ts_format_number]</p>
        </div>        
	  </div>
	</div>
  </div>
</div>

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

I assume that you are talking about translation in WPML context, right? I mean that you want to translate these strings in WPML, right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Did you check for the strings in WPML->String Translation? I am sure the strings should appear there.

In the meantime, please check our documentation article on translation https://toolset.com/course-lesson/translating-views-content-templates-archives-and-forms/

Keep in mind that view translation needs to be done through it is parent post. If the view is used on a page, send the page for translation and you will get the strings to translate picked up. If the view is used in a content template, send the content template for translation and the view will be translated too.

If this does not help, allow me temporary access to your website and I'll check this closer. Let me know where I should see this on the front end so I can check it further. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Dear Jamal

The second part I was able to do with using [wpml-string]. I did got it in the string translation.

But for the first part, where I do have

title="anything to translate"

How I can use the [wpml-string] shortcode?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I am not sure if the following code will work, or if it is even expected to work:

<i class="fal fa-utensils-alt" title="[wpml-string]Included meals: B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner[/wpml-string]"></i>

So, I'll need to know more details about your use case to better assist you. Would you allow me temporary access to your website to check this further? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

I believe this icon is inside a view, right?
Is it inside the loop or outside of it?

Assuming it is inside a content template, does it appear on the translation editor?
What translation editors do you use? The classic editor or the advanced editor?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.