Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to show only specific tags?

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by StanleyT8485 vor 2 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to show only specific tags for the posts outputted in Views. P.S: I am using the Views in classic mode.

I have a View that shows a list of posts. Each post have their own tags. I want to show the tags of each post BUT only selected tags not all of them. For example, here is a screenshot: hidden link of a View result showing all the tags for that post. I want to only show "Biology" and "Psychology" instead of all of them.

In my Views, I am using this shortcode to show the tags [wpv-post-taxonomy type="post_tag" separator=""]. However, it is showing all of them.

I have also tried creating a separate taxonomy View to show the tags I want to show but that didn't work.

The ideal solution for me would be to have the filter in the shortcode itself. For example, [wpv-post-taxonomy type="post_tag" separator="" filter="Biology, Nursing"]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no such filter or feature available using which you can customize the output of the shortcode:
- [wpv-post-taxonomy type="post_tag" separator=""]

You will have to write your own custom shortcode where you should define and white list the terms you want to display and that shortcode only return the white listed terms out of the found terms from the [wpv-post-taxonomy type="post_tag" separator=""] shortcode.

Hey Minesh,
Is there any other solution to my issue other than creating a custom shortcode?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Unfortunately - No.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.