Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to defer recaptcha script

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 2 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel
recaptcha.jpg

Trying to optimise the website. Main issue is recaptcha script loaded via cred forms.
Found a solution to defer the script in one of the tickets but it does not work.

Tring to defer hidden link
It takes 2.25 seconds to load!

If I disable recaptcha - speed is back to normal.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Have you checked the following related ticket?
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-need-to-defer-loading-the-recaptcha-script-for-optimization-purposes/#post-1823251

Have you tried the solution shared with the above related ticket or what solution you tried to use?

I have tried exactly this solution but it does not apply defer to the script. Maybe this is different script?
As I need hidden link to be deferred.

And the sample is applied to hidden link

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please try to use the following code and check if that help you to resolve your issue.

add_filter( 'clean_url', function( $url ) {

if ( FALSE !== strpos( $url, 'recaptcha__en.js' ) ) { // not our file
	  	  return "$url' defer='defer";
	}else{
		return $url;
	}

}, 11, 1 );

Does this helps?

This is what it is loading
<script type='text/javascript' src='//www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js?onload=onLoadRecaptcha&render=explicit&hl=en'></script>

I have put both codes into functions. But
None of the code is working 🙁

Defer is still missing

Minesh
Supporter

If its loading the script as you shared:

<script type='text/javascript' src='//www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js?onload=onLoadRecaptcha&render=explicit&hl=en'></script>

What if you try the following code:

add_filter( 'clean_url', function( $url ) {

if ( FALSE !== strpos( $url, 'www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js' ) ) { // not our file
          return "$url' defer='defer";
    }else{
        return $url;
    }

}, 11, 1 );

Can you please try above, it should work, If that does not work, I will require access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.