Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How far can TS go when I want to build a adoptive filter system for woocommerce

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by marcov-3 vor 5 Jahre.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

I am building woocommerce sites but missing a really good plugin. This one hidden link is the one I want to use now. But I am struggling going thru their "manual". It is really not user friendly. See here hidden link for the filter on the website I am working on now. Then I thought maybe I can build my own filter with TS.
What i want for a customer that sells fabrics for quilting is:
-The filter will have several categories & attributes to choose from.
-The filter on top of the page with a standard height. When there are a lot of options it will have to scroll.
-Each filter should have multi select. You can choose red and bleu or small and large.
-The filter must be adoptive. When choosing an option it will slim down the amount of products. Also mixed with attributes and categories.
-Each category can have their own filter settings. So clothing has its own filter setting and shower goods have it own settings. This way the filter doesn't have to go thru the whole database, I think.
-The filter must have search on top of each filter (see example hidden link)

Can this be done in TS? Then I will research it more closely.

Cheers

Marco

Hi, some of this is possible in Toolset and some is not. Here is some feedback for each of your requirements. Let me know if you have follow-up questions.

-The filter will have several categories & attributes to choose from.
Toolset can help you filter by taxonomy or custom field, but not by Product attribute as defined by WooCommerce. So there may be a way to work around this by using public taxonomy terms or custom fields.

-The filter on top of the page with a standard height. When there are a lot of options it will have to scroll.
You can apply any set height and overflow settings you'd like with your own custom CSS in Toolset. The filters section includes an HTML editor, so you can add your own markup around the generated filters.

-Each filter should have multi select. You can choose red and bleu or small and large.
-The filter must have search on top of each filter
The types of filters we offer are basic HTML inputs:
- Radio button
- Checkboxes
- Select fields
- Multiple select fields
- Text input
In your example, a complex input system is used with a combination of text input and checkboxes. This type of input system is not offered in Toolset.

-The filter must be adoptive. When choosing an option it will slim down the amount of products. Also mixed with attributes and categories.
Toolset's Views filters offer an option "Only show available options for each input". This combines the existing filters and removes any options that would produce an empty result set. This works with custom fields and taxonomy terms, but not product attributes.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.