Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Great problem

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 17 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Christian Cox vor 3 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

Hello
I have a great great problem
Not all data has been displayed since the code. Why is that?
hidden link

Not all data has been displayed since the code. Why is that?
Hi, can you explain the problem a bit more? I'm sorry but I do not understand what this means. Did you recently add some code that caused a problem, or did you recently update the software and a problem appeared? Would you like to share login credentials so I can take a closer look?

can you help me? I'm desperate

working.png
not-working.png

Hello, I am still investigating the problem. I checked the page source, and I can see this page markup is incomplete:
hidden link

See the screenshots here for more information. On the page that works, the body tag and HTML tags are closed as expected. On the page that does not work, there is no closing body tag or closing HTML tag, and quite a bit of additional code is missing. This usually indicates a server-side problem. Can you please try these troubleshooting steps?
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty and deactivate all plugins except Types, Views, and Layouts. If you want to activate a Maintenance mode plugin, that is fine.
- Test the page once again here: hidden link Use the developer tools to check the page source and find out if the page is complete, including the full footer and closing body and html tags. Be sure to check the page source directly, not the browser element inspector.
- Do you have access to server logs? If you are not familiar with server logs, I can show you how to activate the temporarily. Reactivate your theme and other plugins first. Then, go in your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just after the WP_DEBUG line:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

Test the page once again here: hidden link

If any server-side errors are triggered during this process, it will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Use FTP to look for this file in the same directory as wp-config.php. You may need to click "Refresh" in your FTP browser to see a new file appear. Please download this file to your computer, open it in any text editing software, and send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php and delete the log file using FTP. If you are not comfortable doing this, feel free to let me know and I can do it for you with FTP access.

I thank
I do not understand that. Why are some entries there and others not?
Up until four days ago everything was fine.
I also don't know what to do now. For me, it's all a little too complex

I do not understand that. Why are some entries there and others not?
I have no idea yet, that is what we are trying to figure out, right? Provide the FTP information please, and I will continue to investigate. Otherwise, read my last comment and follow those instructions to troubleshoot the problem and check the server logs.

Sorry but I am unable to log in using this FTP information. I asked another supporter to test as well, and neither of us is able to log in to FTP. Is there an IP-based restriction on FTP logins? Is there another login I should use?

I have now done that with debugging.
The page is no longer visible.
hidden link

I think I have found the mistake where to look
With the theme.
Can it be a css code that disturbs something?

Can it be a css code that disturbs something?
I do not think CSS is the source of this problem. There is missing CSS and there are broken styles, but that is because the page markup is incomplete as I already mentioned. Normally CSS would not cause the page markup to be incomplete like this. Since FTP is not working for us, if you want to give me access to your host Control Panel I can take a closer look. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Was she just right from me?

Was she just right from me?
Can you rephrase this question? I do not understand it. Let me try to rephrase my earlier comments so they are easier to understand.
- You provided FTP credentials, but we cannot log in with those credentials. They do not work.
- I need to be able to use FTP to activate and read a temporary server log. This will help us determine why the page output is incomplete on some pages.
- If FTP is not possible, it may be possible to find server logs in your hosting control panel. If you provide access to your host Control Panel I can take a closer look.
- Let me know how you want to proceed.

I can send you the host data for login.

Great, please use the private reply fields here.

[redacted]

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.