Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Formatting of filter broken

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 1 Stimme.

Last updated by joshB-6 vor 7 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel
Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 6.06.35 PM.png
1466438775.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 6.15.14 PM.png

Hi Team.

I have this odd problem on my site and can't for the life of me figure out where it originates.
The problem revolves around the formatting of the search filter on the content template on one of the post types. The post Type in Question is called "Sale" and the view i refer to as "sale view"

The strange thing is that the problem only persists on the Dev site:
hidden link

You can see as the page starts to load, the boxes are all lined up correctly. After the page finishes loading, the formatting kind of scrambles.

If you have a look at the prod site, everything works perfectly.
hidden link

I can confirm that the code in the view, as well as the shortcode on the content templates are identical. The same goes for the custom css for the theme.

The code for the filter of the view is very simple:

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]

<table>
  <tr>
    <td>
      <div class="searchbox">
        [wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<h4>Select Auction Category:</h4>[/wpml-string] [wpml-string context="wpv-views"][/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="lot-category" url_param="lot-category" type="select" auto_fill_default="Select" auto_fill="wpcf-lot-category" auto_fill_sort="asc"]
      </div>
    </td>
    <td>
      <div class="searchbox">
        [wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<h4>Search by Artist/Author:</h4>[/wpml-string][wpv-control field="artist-author" url_param="artist-author" type="textfield"]
      </div>
    </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>
      <div class="searchbox">
        <h4>Search by Title:</h4> [wpml-string context="wpv-views"][/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="lot-name" url_param="lot-name" type="textfield"]
      </div>
    </td>
    <td>
      <div class="searchbox">
        [wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<h4>Search by Lot Number:</h4>[/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="lot-number" url_param="lot-number" type="textfield"]
      </div>
    </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>
      <div class="searchbox">
        [wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<h4>Session number:</h4>[/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="session-number" url_param="session-number" type="select"  auto_fill_default="Select" auto_fill="wpcf-session-number" auto_fill_sort="asc"]
      </div>
    </td>
    <td>
        [wpv-filter-submit name="Submit" type="input"]
        [wpv-filter-spinner container="div" position="before" spinner="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"][/wpv-filter-spinner]
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

I can even pinpoint the moment where the formatting goes haywire as per the images attached, however I am unable to figure out what is causing it.

I really hope you will be able to shed some light on the subject for me because I am going crazy trying to figure this out.

Kind Regards .

Josh

P.s. I am happy to provide login details as this seems bizarre!

I fixed it with css 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.