Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Form type and post type do not match error

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Shane vor 2 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

i have a membership site. The members are captured on a step form due to the form being very long. Then I created an archive for every member. Every member does have a login. in other words, they complete a WordPress user registration, then from there they create a profile (custom post type).

The archive shows all the members with the status "approved". This will also only be visible to log in members. When the member finds his profile he must be able to click a button to edit his profile. However, the client does not want the editor to have to go through the whole 9 step profile completeness post form to edit one item on the 6th or 7 th page. My solution was to create more than one edit form with just the specific section's fields. There will be a "button" in each of the sections for just editing that specific sections fields.

I have created an edit post form with the post title, first name and surname as read-only. The contact details ie telephone numbers email etc is editable. This form was inserted both as a form into a page or as a template for that page and in both cases, I am getting the "Form type and post type does not match". I do need to understand why this is happening as this was not the first time in this project that it happened and will not be the last.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andre,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The most common reason for this is that you're trying to edit a different post type that the form is assigned to edit. Given that you say the form is on a page i'm assuming that its trying to edit the page itself rather than your intended post type which would cause the issue.

Hopefully I was able to provide some clarity on this one for you. If there are any further questions please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

image 4.png
image 3.png
image 2.png
image 1.png

Hi Shane,
Thx for your speedy reply. However, I am not any closer to the solution. I have made screen prints of the post type the form the page etc, Maybe you can see something.
The problem is i am now sitting with another one giving me exactly the same results. I am more than willing to supply credentials if you could have a look. I am sure I am missing fundamentals as this happens to almost every form I try and setup

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andre,

Thank you for the screenshots, however it might be quicker if you provide me with admin access to the site and allow me to have a look.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response. Also please send me a link to the page where I can see the edit form.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andre,

I'm assuming this here is a dedicated page to edit your membership fees
hidden link

However doing it like this will result in this error.

The correct way to do it is by following the instructions in this document below.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-editing-content/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.