Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Filter tour by month

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by domenicoS vor 5 Jahre, 6 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

I'm trying to build a custom search for tours.

In my tours meta there is a custom field multi instance date

I've create the search view but I need your help to set the data filter in the right way.

As I said for each tour I ahve many date.

In the searcj I need to allow user to chose a month and display as result the tour starting in the month user has choose.

how can I do?

Hello,

There isn't such a built-in feature within Views plugin, the default search field for custom date field is date-picker, you can not use "month" select/radio field to search the date field.

As a workaround, I suggest you setup a custom taxonomy, for example "tour-month", edit each "tour" post, setup the term value, like this:
- May 2018
- March 2019

Then you will be able to setup the month filter in custom search form as what you want.

Hi,
is not the best solution with category because I need an automatic solution-

To cath and display the month I us this [types field="partenze" index="0" format="F"][/types]

I need to set a filter where the month seleceted by the date-picker or by a custom field is equal to this value.

Screenshot search bar-01.jpg

Hi Luo,

I used this code

[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-partenze"  type="select" date_format="F" url_param="wpv-wpcf-partenze"]

It works. The only problem is the output format which is in Unix timestamp format, but I need only "F" format.

As I mentioned above, there isn't such a feature, even you can use custom codes to turn the timestamp value into month value, there still be other unexpected results, for example there are two posts with date field value:
Post A: March 12th 2018
Post B: March 15th 2018

They will produce two options "March" in the dropdown menu.

Please check the taxonomy workaround as I mentioned in first answer:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filter-tour-by-month/#post-1135940

Screenshot search bar-01.jpg

Ok Luo, I cannot have only the month.
But how to have the date in a date format and not in timestamp format?

As yu can see in the screenshot the option are in timestamp format

Please check our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control-postmeta

The attribute "date_format" is for:
Αpplicable for a datepicker control

But in your case, it is a select menu, so it won't work.

And I don't think there is existed solution for your case. You might consider custom codes, you can also check it with our Toolset contractors:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

I use the data-picker and and set filter equal or more than.
It work fine.
Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.