Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Field block that's displaying body of another post doesn't work

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Luo Yang vor 1 Jahr, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 10.18.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 10.21.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 10.17.51 PM.png

I am trying to: nest the content of one page into another page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The content of the shipping page showing inside the shop policies page, just like it shows in the block editor.

Instead, I got: nothing on the front end.

Screenshots show the block settings on the back end and you can see that it's pulling in the shipping rate information in the block editor, but when I go to view it on the front end (incognito mode, all caches cleared and reset) and it just shows..... nothing.

Hello,

It is not recommended to use single field block to render post content, please try to replace it with View shortcode [wpv-post-body], for example.

Replace the Single Field block you mentioned in screenshot with a shortcode block, and display below shortcode:
[wpv-post-body view_template="None" item=123]

Please replace 123 with the "shipping rate" post ID, and test again

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 8.43.28 PM.png

Hi Luo,

Using the wpv-post-body shortcode causes an error. There are a few older posts with that same error and there was never a fix for it.

As far as I can tell, the issue is that the main page (policies) uses a content template that contains a [wpv-post-body view_template="None"] shortcode and I can't nest them.... but there's no way to make a content template that renders the post body without it.

You can not render post body shortcode in same post body content, you can only display another post body content. If you need more assistance for it, please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with website credentials, also point out the problem page URLs. I need a live website to test and debug.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.