Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Error on any pages that have VIEWS on the page.

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by robS-4 vor 4 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to:
add VIEWS on a page, but on any pages that contain a VIEW, I am now (not yesterday) getting a white screen. The error is...
"load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7.0 with no alternative available"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
ki.tailfish9.com/about

I expected to see:
the page

Instead, I got:
white screen

It's been working fine, but when I updated to the latest version of Toolset.com, it broke this page's functionality. I'm running the latest version of WordPress, Toolset, and Elementor Pro. When I disable the VIEWS plugin, the page loads normally.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Rob

Do you have the complete error and stack trace from the logs?

That's quite a generic error, and in isolation I would expect we would have had hundreds of reports of the same.

Also, do you have a staging site.

Although the error occurs when Views is active, it may be because of a conflict (which would account for why we don't have other reports). Could you test in a minimal install where you have switched theme to, say, twentynineteen and disabled all other plugins except for Types and Views.

Does the error still occur? If not, it should be possible to identify any conflict by a process of elimination.

I tried a couple of things...

1) Disabled all plugins except only Toolset Types and Toolset Views. I get the same error.

The complete error is:

Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7.0 with no alternative available. in /home/tailfish/public_html/kukinstitute/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4868

2) When using the default theme 2020, I get the same error.

I don't have a staging site. This site is still in development and not yet live.

How do I get you the stack trace?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Given your feedback I took a copy of your site and installed it locally for testing.

First, I note that the PHP messages are just deprecation notices, rather than errors, which are not affecting the functionality of your site, and which also persist when Views is de-activated. I'm not sure what's generating them, but they are not relevant here in any case.

When I de-activated all plugins except Views and Types I was able to edit and update pages including Views without problem.

I've re-activated all the plugins now, so pages are made with Elementor.

Can you give me specific steps to reproduce the problem (i.e. the white screen error)?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.