Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Displaying a taxonomy title outside of the loop

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by guyA-2 vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel
screengrab-1.jpg

I am trying to:
Get the ancestor title of a taxonomy to display as an h1 at the top of my custom post archive (outside of the loop, so not repeated for each post).
For example I Have a hierarchical taxonomy called Locations with country at the top level:
Eg:
Denmark
> Aarhus
> Viborg

Sweden
> Stockholm etc...

I visited this URL:
hidden link (Unfortunately this is behind a login - but see my attached screengrab).

Using this template:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop>
      <h1>[wpv-post-taxonomy type='location' format='name' id='$parent']</h1> <!-- How do I move this outside of this loop and only get it to display the Country name and not Denmark, Viborg --!>
      [wpv-post-body view_template="Template for Practice with Maria"]
	</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

I'd like to see:
Just Denmark (taxonomy title) at the top of this page as an H1 and not have it repeated.

Instead, I have:
The entire hierarchy eg: Denmark, Viborg repeated for each post.

I've tried moving my h1 outside of the loop but nothing renders presumably because it needs the loop to orientate itself. But I don't know how to get this working.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy

Dear Guy,

If you are going to display the archive title of current archive page, please try with another shortcode [wpv-archive-title]:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-archive-title
wpv-archive-title
This shortcode displays the title of the WordPress archive page.

Thanks Luo Yang,

That did the trick nicely.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.