Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Difficulty Registering License

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by aaronM-9 vor 2 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel
No-Access.PNG

I'm having a very difficult time getting Toolset registered on a new website I'm developing. I can get it registered on the development site but not the test or live site. Here are the URL's:

Dev - hidden link
Test - hidden link
Live - hidden link

Attached please find a screenshot of the error message I'm receiving whenever I click on the "Register Toolset" link.

I also tried adding the following code to config.php (per instruction from Pantheon support), but it did not work:

define( 'OTGS_INSTALLER_SITE_KEY_TOOLSET', 'LpPR******' );

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Aaron

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This is with a full administrator user?

I've never seen that before.

Could you please check the debug log to see if there are any related PHP warnings or errors?

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor. Try visiting the same link then inspect the log. If you don't find the debug.log file it means it didn't generate any warnings or errors.

Also, would you mind creating a temporary admin user for us to check this ourselves?

I will mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you. Be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I don't have FTP details to check the debug.log, and when I went to add a plugin to be able to browse files in the uploads folder (where pantheon require it to be located) I found that I cannot add plugins.

This appears to be a heavily controlled environment, so I'm not altogether surprised if issues arise. We've never had other reports such as this, and given the limitations imposed by pantheon I'd say they are the best people to debug it.

I'm not sure that you need to register your live site in any case, inasmuch as when you are updating plugins you should test them on the staging server first. Can you push the updates from staging to production?

I can see in our admin pages that you added the production site to your account, and you will have a site key for it (I cannot see it).

Are you sure that the correct key is added in wp-config.php?

Because when I visit your plugins page it says the Toolset plugins are not registered.

I just double-checked this on my own test site, and adding the site key to wp-config.php is currently working correctly, your plugins will be listed as registered, meaning they can be updated from the main plugins page without having to visit the custom installer page (assuming pantheon allows you to update plugins).

If you have entered the correct key and your plugins do not appear as registered, then that seems to be another issue arising from pantheon.

I'm sorry, but I don't think there is much we can do from this end, I would try to workaround the issue if pantheon cannot resolve it.

Hi Nigel,

Toolset is properly registered on the development site. So, it sounds like I don't need to bother registering it on the live site for it to be able to work? Does licensing just enable updates or does it unlock actual features?

- Aaron

PS: I didn't think FTP would work for you because the site is in Git mode.

So, it sounds like I don't need to bother registering it on the live site for it to be able to work? Does licensing just enable updates or does it unlock actual features?
Correct, registration of the software on a site unlocks automatic Toolset plugin updates for that site. The other features provided by the software will continue to work as expected on an unregistered site, nothing will break. Registration provides the added convenience of automatic plugin updates. To update Toolset plugins on an unregistered site, you must manually deactivate and delete an outdated plugin, then upload the new version of each plugin, which you can download from https://toolset.com/account/downloads

Plugins like Toolset Views, Toolset Layouts, and Module Manager can be found in the Legacy plugins tab on that page.

Thanks. I'd like to avoid needing to deactivate and reinstall plugins. Am I correct in understanding that, if the development site is registered, all I need to do is do the auto-update on the development side and then push changes via Git to the live site without needing to deactivate and reinstall the plugins?

- Aaron

I'm assuming your git process results in the production plugin file system matching the development plugin file system identically, then yes, usually a git push from the updated dev environment to production should be sufficient for updating the plugin files on the live site. You would not need to deactivate and reinstall plugins in that case. In rare cases when you update to a new version of the plugins, additional steps are necessary. Recently the post relationships system required a database upgrade after a plugin update. After the plugin update in the development environment, you would have been prompted in wp-admin to perform that automatic database upgrade. In those infrequent cases, you might need to then run the database upgrade processes on the production site after pushing the plugin updates via git.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.