Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] different 3rd level domain to be userd only for Toolset content

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Christian Cox vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do? we need to show a different 3rd level domain i.e. file.urbanfile.org instead of blog.urbanfile.org as a parent domain for all content mda with Toolset (the main articles and pages of the site shall remain indexed as blog.urbanfile.org since they are already well indexed on Google).

What is the link to your site? blog.urbanfile.org

Let me restate your request to be sure I understand you. You would like to use one single WordPress installation that contains all the native Posts, native Pages, and also custom post types from Toolset. All the content would be managed in a single wp-admin area. However, you would like to show the native post and page content at blog.yoursite.org, and show all the Types custom posts at file.yoursite.org. Is this correct?

I don't know of an easy way to split up a site in WordPress like this. It's not a normal use of WordPress, as far as I know. You may be able to accomplish something similar with two WordPress sites and an optional system of redirects, or a multisite installation with optional redirects, but that's outside the scope of the support we provide here in the forums. As far as our support here goes, I can help you include the CPT posts at the same domain and subdomain you have listed in wp-admin > Settings > General for this single site. Any non-standard Permalink structures beyond that are not supported.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.