Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Cred Visual Editor (TinyMCE) Buttons

This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Dieses Thema enthält 6 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Arthur vor 8 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assistiert von: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Guys, where/how do I add/remove buttons to the Front-End Cred TinyMCE Editor toolbar?

There are a couple of buttons used on the backend that I need to invoke on the front end... if Cred is using the same base editor as the backend, are you stripping extra buttons off or is it that they need to be re-added to the new instance?

I have also searched for why the Views/etc. buttons are not displayed in Cred front-end? If it is for security, important to note that there are certainly many who generate private/intranet sites for which this is not an issue - if it is something else please let me know.

In any case it would be helpful to identify where in code this is happening for the CRED front-end editor and how to deal with just getting the buttons I need to display.

Thanks very much

Shane
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English )

Zeitzone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I must apologise for the extreme delay in response.

Let me see if I can clarify things for you.

Our CRED plugin is meant for creating posts on the frontend for public websites. Meaning It is specifically build for non-admin users to create posts without having access to the backend.

Because of this intended purpose you will find that some of the items will be omitted from the frontend editor.

This is for security as you would not want your user base to have access to the full functionalities that the wordpress WYSIWYG editor provides.

Also the Views buttons are not present there because regular users should not be allowed to insert views and other admin type items into their posts.

For this purpose I would recommend the use of the default backend editor.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,

I appreciate your concern for security - and for general public access sites I am in full agreement with you. But I do feel that it ultimately should be a decision for site developers to be able to make, as we know better than anyone how our systems are being used.

For example, many of the sites I create are already secure, either existing in Intranet environments or IP restricted from the outside world. The users are all technically 'admins' of these systems - but the front end access cleans everything up for them - so I would most definitely want such functionality to exist on the front end.

However, given the basis you have described for the purpose of CRED use, let's forget the Toolset elements for now...

In this particular case, the buttons I am trying to add back in the front end have nothing to do with Security or Administration - they are for the simple injection of staged text snippets and basic shortcode templates. In fact, these are things that front end/general access users really do need, regardless of their access level. I would also like to remove a couple of the existing buttons as well.

Having to send everyone to the back end for no other reason than to click one of these very basic buttons is a non-starter, and would defeat the point of having a front end editor in the first place. So, I really do need to get these couple of buttons handled - or at least understand where in code I need to focus my attention to get this done. I really hope you can help point me in the right direction for this.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 5.07.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 5.07.57 PM.png

Hi Arthur,

Could you send me a screenshot of the buttons you are referring to.

I took a look at the wordpress editor and the one generated by CRED and both are the same minus the toolset buttons, see my screenshots.

Seeing a screenshot will greatly help me to understand the missing buttons.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,

In the case of the site to which I am referring, they are additional buttons from two plugins, that sit atop the toolbar, similar to the effect of the Toolset buttons. I'm not sure that an image would be helpful as you can guess the visual effect - but before your last response, I began looking at options for TinyMCE to see if I could figure out how it is adjusted, and have added plugin 'Advanced TinyMCE Config' - and with this I have been able to determine that technically, these higher buttons are apparently not specifically TinyMCE.

It looks like there is only one actual TinyMCE 'toolbar' button removed, that being the Toolset generated 'Conditional Output ' - which is a bummer as that is used often by itself. The other 3 'Non-Toolset' buttons on top, I have not yet figured out, but as two of them produce static content (i.e. placeholder shortcodes/text), I was able to emulate one of them so far with the AT Config tool by turning on the TinyMCE 'menu' and injecting them into a submenu. This change can be seen on both front and back, which is good. So I will continue to look at this in hopes I can figure it out further.

As for the Toolset items themselves, I have to ask you - Security aside, if they *were* active on the front end cred form - and the user was logged in at the appropriate access level - is there any reason to think that they wouldn't work?

Thanks much

Shane
Supporter

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

As you mentioned these buttons are generated by other plugins and provide buttons above the TinyMCE editor like our toolset buttons. They are actually not on the TinyMCE editor and are hooked into the post edit screens differently than buttons on the editor.

These buttons are actually media buttons.
versteckter Link

So a button that was added to the editor via a 3rd party plugin should also show up on the frontend editor from CRED.

Theoretically speaking now if the Toolset buttons were added on the frontend, they should function the same way as their backend counterparts. I cannot think of a reason why they would not work.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hello, thanks - that link is a big help. Now that I have a better understanding of what to look for I can hopefully determine why these buttons aren't showing up and make it a much easier fix than trying to incorporate them into the TinyMCE toolbar itself.

I will mark this as resolved, as the underlying methodology has been determined and it seems I should have enough to work with now to figure this out. Thanks again

Dieses Ticket ist jetzt geschlossen. Wenn Sie ein Toolset Kunde sind und Hilfe benötigen, eröffnen Sie bitte ein neues Support-Ticket.