Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] cred: click to add title and que and send contact form.

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Akhil vor 5 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

Hi Waqar, good day.

i would like to achieve this.

in my archive post, i would like to know have a function that able to click to add the title, queue them, and send as content in a cred/ Gravity Form whichever easier.

could you guide me the direction pls?

I'll try to research for sample site for you.

thank you.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Dee,

Thank you for your question and I'll be happy to assist.

From your message, I understand that you'd like to have a function similar to "email this article to a friend".
(where a visitor clicks a link from a post and then sees a contact form to share the title, link and content of that post through an email)

If that is correct, you can follow these steps:

1. You can register a new custom post type e.g. "shared posts", that will hold all the entries that are shared through the form.

2. Next, you'll create a new post form that will add an entry in a newly registered custom post type and send an email notification to the email address that the visitor will provide.

3. Using generic form fields ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/inserting-generic-fields-into-forms/ ) you can prepopulate the fields with information like title, URL, and content, from the post that needs to be shared.

You'll register shortcodes that will get the ID of the post from the URL parameter and will then populate the fields accordingly, as suggested in this reply:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/dropdown-not-working-in-form-and-link-not-working-in-email-notification/page/2/#post-1175408

4. This newly created form can be added to a new page, for example, "Share with a friend".

5. In your actual post archive, you can add a link to this newly created page for each post, making sure that the ID of the current post is passed in the URL (this new page can be opened in a new window, tab or inside a modal/popup)

For example, if your new page's URL is "hidden link", the link with the ID will become "hidden link".

(replace 123 with the actual ID of the post in the archive and id with the actual parameter that you'd like to use in your custom shortcodes in step 3)

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around any of the above points.

regards,
Waqar

Hi waqar, thank you for the reply.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.