Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Creating download link to pdf file

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by joshB-6 vor 7 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to: Create a download link to a pdf file

I visited this URL:
View for CPT "Sale"
hidden link
and
View for CPT "Auction Lot"
hidden link

I expected to be able to click on "Absentee Bid Form: Download" and for the Absentee bid form to download.

Instead, I got: The "download" url loops back to the page that I am on. If you hover the mouse over the url you can see the URl you are on.

I am using the following code that I got form this page:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/direct-link-to-download-filepdf/

<br><b>Absentee Bid Form: </b><a href='[types field="wpcf-absentee-bid-form" raw="true"][/types]'>Download</a>

Thanks in advance.

Josh

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please try following code:

<br><b>Absentee Bid Form: </b><a href='[types field="absentee-bid-form" raw="true"][/types]'>Download</a>

When you use types shortcode you do not need to prefix custom field name with 'wpcf-' prefix.

Hi Minesh.

Thanks for the reply.

I only added the prefix while trying to troubleshoot the issue.

I have replaced the code above and it still doesnt work for some strange reason.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Strange. I need to check on your install.

1)
Please share problem URL

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

H Minesh.

Sorry about the late reply, I have been busy on something else.

I have managed to fix the problem.

I changed the line to this:

<br><b>Absentee Bid Form: </b>[types field='absentee-bid-form' title='Download' target='_blank' id='$sale'][/types] 

Worked like a charm!

Thanks for the top class support as always, I have learned tons from you!

Much appreciated.
Josh

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.