Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Create a group of repeatable fields

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by nelsonT-2 vor 6 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

I need to create a page to display projects that a client will create himself...

For now, the layout is like that:
Title
Featured Image
Category image in one column and Sub-title and description in a second column
Many images
Sub-title
Description
Many images

Right now, we have the general Title and Featured image fields, plus 6 different fields for each of the elements that are doubled (i.e. two sub-title fields, two description fields and two repeatable image fields)....

What I would like to do is create sections instead... I would like to create one section that includes:
Sub-title
Description
Repeatable image field

And make that whole section repeatable, so that way he only sees one "block" if he needs just one; he can add another one if needed and if someday there is a more complicated project, then he could add a third one if he wanted to...

How can I do that?
Do I have to create child types (ex: project and section of project) or if there is a way to create a block in custom fields and then make that block repeatable (didn't see it, but maybe there's a way... If not, it would be a good addition, especially since now there are many to many relationships...

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Nelson

Firstly, please note that you are posting in the Community Forum for users of the free Types plugin. As a Toolset customer you can and should post in the Technical Support forum which we prioritise and where you should receive speedier service.

Groups of repeating fields are coming in the new version of Types, which you can already test with the current beta.

Right now it is only available in the backend. You can see it in action in the videos in the blog announcement: https://toolset.com/2017/12/types-and-views-betas-with-many-to-many-relationships/

Support will be added to CRED to reproduce the same UI on the front-end, though it is not clear whether that will make it into the first stable release or a subsequent update.

Until now the functionality you require has been achieved by creating a child post type that acts as a container for the group of fields to be able to repeat, so you add as many child posts as repeating groups are required. That is described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-groups-of-repeating-fields-using-fields-tables/

Thank you.

We've tried another way yesterday and though it's not as good as we wish, the client has already started entering data, so she wants to keep it that way...

But I'll definitely check the links for the next time...!

Thank you.

Das Forum „Types Community Support“ ist für neue Themen und Antworten geschlossen.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.