Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Container width makes post content overflow

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by julienL-5 vor 6 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel
Julien_Le_Nestour_–_ParkourBase.png

I am trying to: get a correct layout displayed on the page(s)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the post content wrapped inside the post content area (see screenshot attached)

Instead, I got: post contents overflowing from the post content area, seemingly because there is a container element set by Toolset with a 1200px width.

I'm using the Astra theme but checked on the GeneratePress theme as well and the problem is the same.

I'm a bit confused by this behavior out of the box, as I would think that the CSS by default would have the contents wrapped up nicely and not overflowing.

Dear Julien,

It is a CSS problem, I checked the URL you mentioned above, but I can only see this error message:
Parkour Base coming soon!
Please check it, thanks

Hi Luo, my apologies for that, I have excluded the URL from the splash page and you should be able to see it now.

Just for context: I initially installed Toolset with the Avada theme, and installed the Avada integration plugin. I have since switched to Astra and uninstalled the Avada integration plugin. Not sure if that could be part of the pb so wanted to mention it!

Many thanks!

Best,
- Julien

css.JPG

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website

The Layouts plugin are based on Bootstrap framework:
hidden link

The problem CSS codes you mentioned above is from Bootstrap:
hidden link
line 1216:

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
  .container {
    width: 1170px;
  }
}

Currently, you can setup some custom CSS codes to override above CSS settings, for example,

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
  .container {
    width: auto !important;
  }
}

See screenshot css.JPG

Many thanks Luo, that works well indeed. I will adjust it for each media query as well 🙂

Best,
- Julien

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.