Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Conditional groups for taxonomies in Cred

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by frankW vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

Hi,
I would like to install certain taxonomies as a conditional group in Cred. Example: The taxonomy "Regions of France" should only appear if the term "France" has been selected in the taxonomy "Country".
Unfortunately Cred only offers the conditional group for fields in the backend.

If this is possible I ask for help.

Kind regards

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

First, I apologize for the delay in the reply, as we had an unusually high queue after the weekend.

Your observation is correct and the conditional group's interface only supports the custom fields, but for taxonomies, you can use the manual expression option.

Example screenshot: hidden link

If you've set the "Country" taxonomy field to use checkboxes, the expression would like this:

$(country) eq 'France'

Note: you'll replace "country" with the actual slug of your taxonomy and "France" with the actual name of the target term.

And in the case of "select" or "multi-select" type "Country" taxonomy field, it will need to be adjusted to use the target term's ID, instead of the name:

$(country) eq '4'

Note: you'll replace "country" with the actual slug of your taxonomy and "4" with the actual ID of the target term.

Here is a detailed guide on manual conditional expressions:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/cred-conditional-display-engine/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.