Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Change Post Type Field Group

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 12 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Shane vor 1 Jahr, 12 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-06 um 15.34.47.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to change the post type for field group.
But i cant. See the Screenshot.
If i will delete the repeater fields i will loose a lot of customisation.
🙁

any chance to fix this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for getting in touch.

As you see the notice on the popup saying that there is a repeatable field group in this custom field group, hence you're not able to change the post type that the field group is assigned to.

It essentially locks the field group to that post type.

You can workaround this by creating a new field group and just reuse you already created custom fields rather than creating new ones.

Thanks,
Shane

Thx.

I did but then the content in the reusable field is gone and i have to fill the custom post types / template again.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christoph,

This is actually expected because it is essentially creating the fields on a different post type.

The data isn't tied to the field settings but the field data is stored per post. What I mean by this is that each post will have its own self contained data. So when the field is added to another post type the field will be empty until you've added data to it.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.