Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] can not display data

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Dieses Thema enthält 11 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Nigel vor 5 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assistiert von: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do?

i have this working fine here versteckter Link to accomplish thise i used this line <?php echo do_shortcode( '[wpv-view name="judge-on-events"]' ); ?> in my singe-event.php
this displays judges related to the event , no problems so far all info corretly shown as you see on above link.

now i also want to show the same info on this link here versteckter Link
if you scroll down and look at

placement test trial 3 ignore
January 16
Astley Moss lancashire, United Kingdom + Google Map
No items found
No items found
i use the line <?php echo do_shortcode( '[wpv-view name="judge-on-events"]' ); ?> . why is there no data found now?

thanks

anyone out there?

Nigel
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Zeitzone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Martin

Your first example URL is an event post.

I don't know the specifics of your judge-on-events View, but I guessing it has a Query Filter to show judge posts related to the event where this View is shown, or something like that.

Your second example URL is a page, not an event.

If the View is set up in the expectation that it is being shown against an event post then that is why the second example will fail, the context is wrong.

I would need more details of your set up to be able to advise what to change.

hi nigel i think you summed up what i guessed at , i use this view wpv-view name="judge-on-events to show the judged related to an event here versteckter Link, i run the short-code in my single-event.php .

i just want to grab the same info to display on a LIST OF EVENTS . like here versteckter Link , the events calendar provides the list with some filters in the url . so i would like to show the rest of info (that tool-set generates in the list of events as well as the actual page for the single event , hope that makes sense

Nigel
Supporter

You need to take the View "judge-on-events" and insert it in the output section of your second View which you use to generate the list of events on that page, so for every event listed by that View the output from judge-on-events will be shown.

But you will need to change the Query Filter for judge-on-events so that it shows judges related to the current post in the loop (rather than the page where this View is shown).

will that affect what is working at the moment?
does it make more sense to create a new view to achieve this?

thank you nigel

Nigel
Supporter

I think it should still work in the original context. I would change the Query Filter, test on the single event page to check it still works, and if it doesn't you can revert. If it does you can then go ahead and use nested in your second View.

that seemed to do the trick lovely nigel thanks , i edited both the views i wanted to show you can see it now here
versteckter Link thanks for that.
for the final problem i only want show the 1st place dog not 2nd 3rd 4th etc etc , is this achievable?
many thanks again nigel you saved my bacon there!!

just to add i just want the 1st place dog on this page versteckter Link

, i want all the dogs on single event page still like here versteckter Link

im thinking this may need a new view but what? or is it possible to hide the 2nd 3rd etc with css display:none ?
thankyou

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-03-20 at 08.52.30.png

Hi Martin

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, the queue was very busy yesterday.

You are generating that list of 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place etc. dogs using a View, yes? With some ordering setting to ensure they display in that order.

If you only want the first place dog to appear you would add a limit=1 setting to the View. But if you add this to the View itself this will affect the View everywhere it is inserted.

So leave the View setting alone, and instead apply a limit when you insert the View itself.

You can see how that looks when inserting the View using the Fields and Views button in the screenshot.

(If you are using Gutenberg you would see similar options in the right options panel instead.)

thanks nigel , i have duplicated the view with a relevant name so i can go ahead and adjust the view no problem,and have successfully achieved my goal , thank you very much for your help and no problem waiting it was worth the weight!!

Nigel
Supporter

Glad to be of help 🙂

Dieses Ticket ist jetzt geschlossen. Wenn Sie ein Toolset Kunde sind und Hilfe benötigen, eröffnen Sie bitte ein neues Support-Ticket.