Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Can I count the clicks on my custom post type, somehow?

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user wants to count the number of clicks on an ad div

Solution:

Unfortunately this isn't possible with our toolset plugins and as such would require some custom code to achieve. For custom coding I would recommend contacting one of our registered consultants.
https://toolset.com/contractors/

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Shane vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Hi there,

The idea is having custom post type for all of my Ads. No matter about the fields and css, i can handle it.

I want to use a clickable div for it. No problem either.

But is there a chance or work around to count the number of clicks on this clickable div? This would be a great improvement for this cpt in my case.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions on that? Maybe with an addition field "Number of clicks?

All the best from Germany

Jörg

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

To understand your case exactly is it that you want some kind of view counter on your ads? So when a user clicks to view the ads then the view counter increases?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
shane

Thx for your reply,

Yes you are right, but to be excact, I need the counting of the clicks, the views wood be a additional benefit.

regards

Jörg

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jorg,

For the counting of the times a post was viewed you can have a look at the link below and try the plugin.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-views-counter/

If you want to be able to count based on a click on a view itself then this would require some custom code to achieve.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi therer.

That´s why I opeed this ticket.

Can you give me any suggestions, tips or relevant informations, weather toolset or wordpress together have parameters, functions or any kind of stuff to develope this?

Anything to move on with this idea?

Jörg

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jorg,

Actually counting the clicks on a div will be a bit difficult as you will need somewhere to store the amount of clicks on that div. You can count the clicks but does this div that is being clicked leads to a post ?

If so then it would be better to count the clicks on that posts or rather the amount of times this post was viewed.

Please let me know what you think of this.
Thanks,
Shane

H Shane,

Thx for your reply.

The idea is to create a custom post type for Ads. You surely can imagine, that it is important to count the number of clicks. Just to messure the success of each ad individually.

does it help?

Joerg

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jorg,

I see what you are trying to achieve now. Unfortunately for this it will need some 3rd party code that our plugins are not able to provide.

What I recommend that you do is to contact one of our certified consultants in order to get this done. They should be able to create a custom solution for this.
https://toolset.com/contractors/
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.