Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Can a slider be populated bij the uploaded photo's from post field image

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by marcov-3 vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel
Schermafbeelding 2016-12-01 om 13.37.18.png
Schermafbeelding 2016-12-01 om 13.36.18.png

I am trying to: get photo's that were uploaded thru a "Post fields image" to populate in a "views slider".

I want to be able to upload photo's in a custom post type page that are shown in a slider. It is a company that has different office spaces. I want them to be able to upload photo's in the post that will automatically show in a slider. Preferable a slider like from part 5: Slider https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-views/part-5-slider/

Can this be done?

Cheers

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Marco

The slider functionality of Views is designed to work across posts, e.g. to show the featured image of 6 posts in an image slider.

Views doesn't support producing slider galleries out of the images added to a single page (e.g. added as Types image fields).

If you use the module manager you can download and install a module that adds flexslider for creating such slider galleries from Types image fields.

I'll be honest with you, it comes without documentation and I have never really understood how it is supposed to work.

I have found it easier to simply add the flexslider library directly myself and then design the loop output of my view as required.

I described what was required in another thread here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/create-a-slider-with-multiple-images-from-image-fields/

If you get stuck along the way and need help let me know.

I will look into this. And maybe I have some great news that I managed to crack the flex slider 🙂

Thanks

Marco

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.