Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] booking form with limited tickets

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

I need to build a ticket booking system for an event.

The event will have a predetermined amount of tickets. There will be an inline payment module (shortcode added) to a payment portal. The customer will not leave the site to effect payment.

In the event of the ticket having been sold out the event must then be "disabled" for any more booking.
I am comfortable with the whole process except with the process of monitoring available tickets and "closing" an event after all the tickets has been bought.

My intentded structure is a cpt for the event.
a cpt for everty ticket sold (for reporting)

if at all possible a solution without jscript.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you have post relationship created using Types plugin between Event and Tickets post type? Where you define the number of allowed tickets - in the Event post - right?

Could you please share bit more information about your structure that will help me to guide you in the right direction.

I would like to have debug information that will help us to debug and investigate your issue:
- https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Hi Minesh

i am unfortunately not able to give you any info or access as I have not started with the development I am trying to make sure I follow the best possible route in the development of the system.

The brief is as follows:
to create an online payment system for a client that holds small events with about 40 participants ( this is not a fixed value).
In step one we will create an event with the name of the event, the date and time of the event, the cost of the event, and the number of tickets available.

Then when somebody wants to book a ticket they fill in the booking form with their details. The booking form will contain an inline payment form that the payment gateway will supply us. Once the form and payment have been processed an email will be sent to customers to confirm their booking.

Once the payment has been confirmed the system must update the event's available tickets with a reduced value.

There is one curve ball in this process.
There needs to be a registration form where a client can book a group booking. They will select ie 5 members in the group. They will then pay just for themself but the system must then deduct ie 5 tickets from the tickets available. the other members of the party will not need to register.

I am relatively comfortable with the build process but I just would like to make the approach as optimal as possible. The specific issue I am not sure about is how to deduct the ticket sold from the available ticket.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

In step one we will create an event with the name of the event, the date and time of the event, the cost of the event, and the number of tickets available.
==>
Ok. you can create events post type and add custom fields that should hold the event date and other information and number of tickets.

Then when somebody wants to book a ticket they fill in the booking form with their details. The booking form will contain an inline payment form that the payment gateway will supply us. Once the form and payment have been processed an email will be sent to customers to confirm their booking.
==>
I'm not sure what payment gateway you are going to use and is there any hooks available.

Once the payment has been confirmed the system must update the event's available tickets with a reduced value.
==>
You need to check that if any hook available then you can use that hook and subtract 1 for every confirmed payment/booking. Lets say you have 50 number of tickets available and you book 1 and confirm the payment then it should subtract 1 from 50 and it should update the number of available ticket with 49.

There is one curve ball in this process.
There needs to be a registration form where a client can book a group booking. They will select ie 5 members in the group. They will then pay just for themself but the system must then deduct ie 5 tickets from the tickets available. the other members of the party will not need to register.
==>
Again, you will have to use some payment success hook that should be triggered on successful payment and you should deduct the number of tickets amount from the number of available ticket belongs to event.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.