Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] Auto populate fields

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 2 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Author
Artikel

Hi

I have a situation that cropped up and I would like to have clarity on it, please.
We have a membership website that we made. The structure is as follow User that register completes a post form that creates a profile in a CPT. The Profile is a step form with 9 screens /steps.
This is where a very interesting situation came up. An admin user registered and completed the user registration user form and the profile post form. One of the steps was 5 fields, all single-line text. (qualifications).

After the admin user registered we had another user (editor) registered. When they got to the qualifications section Step 5, the fields were auto-populated with the values the admin user used on his registration form.

Both the users were in separate venues. Never met each other or has been in contact. So not the same computer either.

My question is, is this possible, if it is possible, how is it possible and how can it be disabled. This certainly constitutes a breach of privacy. I would appreciate it if you could give me a comprehensive explanation of this issue. If it is possible, how would it be possible, or if not why would it not be possible?

We are currently in a disagreement with a client and need to have clarity on this issue.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Can we get specific details of how you set up the mult-part form to create the profile post?

Normally this would work with a first form to submit the profile post, which then chains on to other edit forms which edit that existing profile post, adding additional fields to it with each step.

It sounds like somehow the chaining went wrong, and a user ended up editing someone else's profile post mid-way through this sequence.

But I can't do anything other than speculate without knowing the specifics of how you set this up.

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] Auto populate fields“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.