Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Access Elementor issue

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem: I would like to use Access and Elementor together, but I cannot seem to control Pages created with Elementor using Access.

Solution: Update to the latest versions of Access and Elementor.

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author
Artikel

Should I to do something special to enable Access to control 'Pages' (done by Elementor)? When I disable Elementor page control, Access works as it should to be, when Elementor is active on page, Access don't have any control (Content Template don't replace the page content).

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ljuba

Can we clarify what you are talking about here?

You are saying 'pages' but you typically create Content Templates for posts rather than pages, are we talking about templates for single posts?

And are we discussing the new templates in Elementor Pro 2.0?

I just installed it and tested it for the first time and I note that if you create a Views Content Template for a single post and you also create an Elementor template for single posts the Elementor template will be displayed instead of the Views template.

Is that the issue?

002_access_reg_users.png
001_page_list.jpg

Hi Nigel,

1) No, it is not issue. Actually, that's great.

2) My bad. Here is about Toolset Access.

3) So, here is that Toolset Access cannot take control over pages created by Elementor (but take control when Elementor is disabled on that SAME PAGE).

a) In image 001 you can see part of created pages with clear assignment that they are created by Elementor (except one page).

b) On image 002 you can see that I assigned pages (Mis sitios, Mi cuenta, Agregar sitio, Editar perfil) to be replaced by Content Template "Formulario de ingreso".

4) Again, when Elementor is active on this pages, content is not replaced (Toolset Access don't have control over pages), but when I disable Eleemntor on those same pages, content is replaced with "Formulario de ingreso" (as should to be).

Maybe will be easier for you to do by creating the page where you will have 'clean' content (some Toolset fields - ie User login plus sone ie h1 title) and place that shortcode in Elementor text editor widget. Than disable Elementor to get same shortcode and h1 title in WordPress text editor. You will see than what is going on.

Or, for you is clear that I basically used exactly Toolset tutorial for accounts. So, you can try to place it (pages) in Elementor, instead to use Content Templates.

005_elementor_disabled_result.png
0041_elementor_disabled.png
004_elementor_disabled.png
003_result_elementor.png
002_elementor_page.png
001_selection.png

Or maybe even better follow this screenshots.

1) 001 shows what options give me Toolset Access (404 page appear always well). As you can see, I have actually NO CHOICE except to use Content Template (templates are 'empty and 404 is not real option). If I will be able to select some page (and I need page 'Unirse' with Login Form from Content Template), it will obviously work 100% as well work 404 page, but .... (Toolset make choices).

2)</ strong> In 002 you can see clearly that for Agregar Sitio page I use only CRED form shortcode (p.s. - there is no functional difference is it text editor or shortcode widget - it is only about additional styling options via editor).

3) On 003 you can see that page is not replaced (blank), when Elementor is active.

4) In 004 and 0041 (page list) you can see that only is Elementor disabled and now is same CRED shortcode in WP text editor.

5) On 005 you can see that Login Form appear (ugly formatted), as it is not anymore controlled by Elementor.

REMARKS

I can't see that there is some other 'normal' solution, than that Toolset Access add choice (image 001_selection.png) that some Page or Post also can be option for replacement. It will be elegant and long term (final) solution, as mechanism itself obviously works (404 page works), but issue is that now we need some extra coding to enable Toolset to take control over pages/posts from Elementor (tomorrow will be some other plugin). In addition, you can see that here also will arise issues about styling Content Template, if you will suggest some 'code messing'.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ljuba

Thanks for elaborating.

The issue is that when you add pages designed with Elementor to an Access Post Group and choose to display a Content Template to users that do not have permission to see the page they are shown the page itself, and only by disabling Elementor or not using Elementor to design the page do they see the intended Content Template.

I reproduced that locally on a test site and so am escalating so that it can be debugged by my colleagues.

I'll keep you posted.

As this is for me first 'escalation', usually, about what time we talking (to get solution)?

Nigel
Supporter

Bugs (i.e. something wrong with our own code) that may affect multiple users get dealt with promptly and although a plugin update might not be published for a while we would try to get a patch or workaround available within days, depending on the developer workload and complexity of the issue.

Compatibility issues can take quite a bit longer, in particular if they require the cooperation of the plugin authors. If we can identify the problem and are able to fix it ourselves we may be able to get a fix of some kind out without too much delay.

I don't know yet what the situation is with this issue because the cause hasn't been determined yet.

In this case, I will be free to repeat that I strongly recommend to see is it possible to add to the selection choices also pages/posts, as it can be solution also for many other situations. Exactly new Elementor in this new Template feature have that kind of solution (you can set General Template with exception for pages/posts, or contrary).

Nigel
Supporter

That would be a feature request, the option to display a page/post instead of a Content Template, but I'm not sure it would help because you have multiple things—currently Elementor and Tooslet—wrestling for control of what gets rendered on the screen, which may still be the case if you try to display a different page or post.

Anyway, I've added your comment to the internal ticket.

1) IMPORTANT - Not instead (not to replace). I thought that should be added additional (new) option.

2) I don't think that it is feature request, rather (simple and effective) solution of problem. Explanation is is quite simple. I cannot see the way how Toolset can set (control) behavior of external plugin in long stable terms. Any change of any page builder (not just Elementor) in future can break this functionality of Toolset Access when Content Template is choice. It is not the guess. It is the simple fact. That is in fact, actual situation with (new) Elementor. Try to do same with (old) Elementor and you will see that Toolset Access working. It is 'broken' by new Elementor functionalities (as now Elementor 'messing' with templates). So, every website can be in some time be 'broken' by 'ordinary' updates.

Some progress?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ljuba

I just checked and a fix is currently being tested and it will be included in the upcoming Access update which coincides with the Types 3.0 release (in a week or so).

1) Do you want to say to me that it will be best for me to wait for Types 3.0 (also if we count on repeating groups vs other topic of opening hours)?

2) Week or ....?

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, for this Elementor issue you need to wait for the next update (when all Toolset plugins will be updated, including Access), which will happen no later than next Wednesday.

When Types 3.0 is published you'll have the choice for the other opening hours issue whether to continue with the solution you created so far that works with the current Types (and will continue to work), or whether you want to update it to work with the repeating field groups that become available.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.