Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] A custom field that's connected to a custom post type is not visible

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Dieses Thema enthält 6 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von AlimB3245 vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assistiert von: Jamal.

Author
Artikel
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.43.23 AM.png

I am trying to:
I have a Custom Post 'Fragrance' which has a custom field (Fragrance Details) which was visible till some time back and I was using it and today when I edit any Fragrance, I can't seem to find it. On checking in Toolset->Custom Fields I can see the Custom Field and it shows it as connected to 'Fragrance' but I still can't find it when I edit or add new Fragrance

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
versteckter Link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Jamal
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Zeitzone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

I need to perform several tests, such as disabling other plugins and switching the theme. Some plugins, Toolset included, are network activated, so, I'll need to deactivate them on the network level to check.

I suggest taking a copy of your website and analyze it locally. Sounds good for you?

Hi Jamal

Thanks for the update..:-).. yes, it's perfectly fine for me if you can download a local copy and do tests on your local machine. If it's difficult to download a copy to your local machine and If you need a staging server, let me know and I could provide that option to you.

Do keep me posted.

Have a nice day..:-)..

Regards,
Alim

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you, Alim,

I took a copy of your website using the Duplicator Pro plugin, which I installed, and then I built the copy locally and the issue was not reproducible. The fields group does appear for the Fragrance posts. Check this screenshot versteckter Link

The copy that I took was built by converting the subsite into a regular WordPress site, instead of a multisite installation.

So, I'd like to see how we can fix this on a multisite installation. Please prepare that staging site, and if I am not able to fix this on the staging site, I'll take a full copy of the multisite installation and check it locally as a multisite.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Hi Jamal

Thanks for the update..:-)..

I have set up the staging site.. here's the link

versteckter Link

You can use the same username and password that I had provided earlier for the production site. Also please note that when you try to access the staging site, there could be a modal/popup that'd ask you for username and password.. please use the same credentials as those for wp-admin and it'd work fine.

Do keep me posted.. Have a nice day..:-)..

Regards,
Alim

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Alim and thank you for providing this staging site.

I started by deactivating Toolset plugins at the network level and activating them at the subsite level. And the Fields group appeared. So, I deactivated the plugins again at the subsite level and activated them at the network level, and the Fields group still appeared on a Fragrance post. Check this screenshot versteckter Link

I would say this is most probably a cache issue, and the cache gets invalidated after activating/deactivating plugins. So, I'll suggest doing the same on the production site:
- Temporarily deactivate Toolset plugins at the network level.
- Activate the plugins at the subsite level.
- Check if the issue is fixed.
- Deactivate the plugins at the subsite level, and activate them again at the network level.

Let me know what you will get.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Dieses Ticket ist jetzt geschlossen. Wenn Sie ein Toolset Kunde sind und Hilfe benötigen, eröffnen Sie bitte ein neues Support-Ticket.