Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] Fatal error on PHP 7 at siteground.com with types

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 12 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Hi

On siteground.com hosting I get a fatal error when I activate Types at the same time as WPbruiser plugin.

I have posted the fatal error in a comment her: https://toolset.com/2016/11/types-plugins-temporarily-removed-wporg-repo-back-monday/comment-page-1/#comment-306582

I have no troubles running Types on other PHP 7 installations, but it fails on siteground.com (PHP 7.0.12)

So if I create a copy of the site for you, it may run fine on your server.

As I can tell it looks like an include / requiere / namespace issue

Yoast SEO is unable to run on siteground.com as well because an abstract class does not declare a function abstract, and it runs fine on my localhost test server as well.

To me it looks as if the PHP 7 packages used by siteground are more strict than the rest of the world.

What do I do?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Henrik

Can you clarify, this is a compatibility issue with WPbruiser or with your server configuration?

Do you get the fatal error when WPbruiser is not activated?

No I can activate Types when WPBruiser is not activated, but when both plugins are activated then WP-types activation fails.

On the other hand, if Types is activated then other plugins can not be activated as well.

If you look at the error message you will see that it does not make much sense, on the other hand it looks like Types uses the TWIG template system and loads it in a way that may not be compatible with a strict PHP 7.0.12 way

I have created a staging environment at siteground.com where you can get access and try the error messages out your self.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henrik

Can I get the credentials for the test site, and we will take a further look.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henrik

I visited your staging site, and the first thing I did was de-activate all plugins (except your own "do not de-activate" plugin).

I noticed Types was not up-to-date so I updated it.

I then activated Types, then WPBruiser. No problems.

So I re-activated all the Toolset plugins, no problems.

So then I started randomly selecting groups of plugins, e.g. WooCommerce and its extensions, again no problems.

I got up to 23 active plugins and still couldn't see any problems, which is as far as I went.

If you come across the problem again take careful note of which plugin it is that causes the issue and let me know and I will take another look.

Hi Nigel

I accessed the staging site to try your examples.

I instantly ran into problems, when I tried to update CRED to the latest version.

I then tried to deactivate Types and I got these errors.

Warning: is_file() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given in /../wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/includes/autoloader.php on line 286

Fatal error: Class '' not found in /../wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/includes/classes/page/listing/abstract.php on line 6

F.Y.I

The url called by deactivation is <insert the domain name here Nigel> /wp-admin/plugins.php?action=deactivate&plugin=types%2Fwpcf.php&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=f469c24b64

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henrik

I see the latest issue, de-activating Types causing fatal errors, and have been using FTP to rename the types plugin folder to be able to regain access and try again only to see the problem persist.

I have asked for some feedback from our server team and will keep you posted.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henrik

I tried to make a duplicate of your site for testing, but neither of the plugins we commonly use—duplicator and all-in-one-wp-migration—worked on your site and I was unable to. That was with all plugins except the backup plugin disabled, so the server environment certainly seems to be a tricky one.

We really need to be able to have a copy of your site to test in different server environments. Can you please try to find another backup solution that works where you can make an archive or installer that we can use to replicate your site.

I'll mark the next reply as private so that you can provide a link to the archives.

FYI, I did some more testing and the issue isn't specific to Types per se. It seems to be connected to the number of active plugins, and the formidable plugin seemed to be a trigger for errors, but doesn't alone account for them. I found, for example, that I couldn't have CRED and Access and Formidable active at the same time (all other Toolset plugins de-activated) if there were about 40 plugins active, but if I de-activated a large number to leave around 25 active then I could have them active simultaneously.

Hi Nigel

Please leave the privately option on, because I will need it in my next reply.

The staging site is a copy of my live site using the staging tools at Siteground.com

I only did that because I tried to switch my live site to PHP 7 using sitegrounds cpanel, and I Imediatly got fatal errors on my live site when I tried to access the backend.

The live sites works fine on PHP 5.6 so it is still at that version, but If I switch it to PHP 7 in Sitegrounds cPanel interface I get the same fatal errors as on the staging environment.

So what I will do is that I will create a copy of the live site, and attach it in my next reply.

But as I wrote in the first initial post, I do not believe that you will encounter these errors, because it is a combination of the PHP 7 packages used at siteground, and your code.

So to be able to find the issue on your copy you should basically have an identical copy of siteground.com's PHP7 server environment.

I have used a few weeks trying to explain to Siteground that their server environment for PHP 7.0.12 is troublesome, because other hosts / servers may work with your code, but not on siteground.com

The support so fra from Siteground has been that they blame the plugin developers, because they have no errors on their servers.

I am pretty sure that this is a problem with OPCACHE and PHP 7, because some of the fatal errors makes absolutely no sence, like the plugin trying to allocate 512GB of memory. That is crazy, and I believe it can be related to the memory cache on their servers.

However I can get the site going by deactivating types but that is not an issue since the site depends upon types.

Yoast SEO also have issues on the installation. If I activate yoast seo I get a fatal error becuase an class should be declared abstract because it does not implement all abstract methods.

I have reported this error to yast here : https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-fatal-error-class-wpseo_metabox_analysis_seo-contains-2-abstract-methods/

So it can also be that the settings on the PHP 7 packages on siteground servers are mor strict for PHP developent, and this is why the plugin fails on siteground but perhaps not on other servers.

Just a thought

I will create a backup of my live site and attach it to the next reply.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henrik

Thanks for the info. I will see if we can create a test server with the same environment to install your site duplicate on.

Marking your next reply as private.

Hi Nigel

Sorry for the lateness in my reply.

It takes me a little longer to create the backup, because I had to update a few plugins and add some features to the live site. But the site remains on PHP 5.6 because I believe the problem still exists.

So please leave the ticket open with an option to upload secure content, and I will get an updated backup uploaded as soon as I have the spare time.

Nigel
Supporter

No problem, I'm replying here so that I can re-set the next reply to private.

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] Fatal error on PHP 7 at siteground.com with types“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.