Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Date and time on repeating field entry

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by kaneB vor 6 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

When I set up repeating field (text) for a CPT, would the database capture the date and time of this entry? For example I have entered 2 repeating entry to the same field, can I see the date and time of the entry created?

Thanks.

Dear Kane,

I assume we are talking about custom field revision feature, there isn't such a feature within Types plugin or wordpress, but there is post revision feature within WordPress, it does not support the custom field revision feature too.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Revisions
The WordPress revisions system stores a record of each saved draft or published update.

If you need to enable post revision feature for custom post type, please edit your custom post type, in section "Sections to display when editing", there is an option "Revisions".

For your reference.

Thanks Luo Yang. I'm referring to repeating fields which I understand that toolset creates individual post meta in the database for the same field. Does this include time stamp for which the meta is created, such that I can display, filter the entry by the time and date.

For example: I have inserted the following name in the field "name"
James (1/6)
Alex (3/6)
John (6/6)

Would I be able to filter specifically the "name" added on 3/6 using views.

Thanks.

Q1) Does this include time stamp for which the meta is created
No, as I mentioned above, there isn't such kind of feature within Types plugin or other Toolset plugins,

Q2) Would I be able to filter specifically the "name" added on 3/6 using views
In your case, you can consider this: create a child post type, for example "child-name", setup two custom fields in the child post type "child-name":
a) Name
b) Created time

Then you will be able to setup a view to query the "child-name" posts, and filter by the "Created time" field, and display the parent post information.

More help:
Creating Groups of Repeating Fields
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-groups-of-repeating-fields-using-fields-tables/
Displaying Fields of Parent Pages
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-fields-of-parent-pages/

Thanks Luo Yang. I have already implemented child posts for the data the i need to repeat, and it has given me other sets of trouble. I'm just exploring this part.

Das Forum „Types Community Support“ ist für neue Themen und Antworten geschlossen.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.