Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Views versus Blocs

This support ticket is created hace 1 año, 9 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Pat hace 1 año, 9 meses.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Autor

Pat

Hello,

I have some of my sites that have been developed using Views. I know this plugin is legacy and best would be to move forward with Blocs.
Now, I would like to better understand the differences between these 2 plugins.
I sounds the features are quite the same but I'm not sure Blocs is able to manage Views shortcodes? If this is true, do you have any tool to migrate from Views to Blocs?
Regards
Pat

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Pat,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

At the core, both the Views and Blocks plugins are essentially the same and it doesn't matter which of the two plugins you have activated.

They both can be used to create content templates, views, and WordPress archives using either the new blocks-based Gutenberg editor or the classic/legacy editor, that uses shortcodes and HTML.

The only difference will be, that If you have activated Toolset Blocks, you'll first have to set the editing experience to "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build" at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General. After that, you'll have the ability to use either the blocks-based editor or the classic/legacy editor to create content templates, views, and WordPress archives.

And your content created using the classic/legacy editor is safe and you don't have to migrate or recreate it through the new blocks-based editor. We have no plans to drop the support for the legacy/classic editor, as it is very widely used and many users prefer it over the block-based editor.

I hope this makes it more clear.

regards,
Waqar

Pat

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for your clarification.
Regards
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.