Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Views, now only showing Use Existing view

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:

A user reported that on a website, the "Views" block is showing the option to insert only the existing view, but not the new one.

Solution:

During troubleshooting, I noticed there were several "405 errors" showing in the browser's console.

The user later confirmed that the issue was resolved after reinstalling the website.

Relevant Documentation:

n/a

This support ticket is created hace 2 años, 1 mes. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by jillT hace 2 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Autor
Capture.JPG

As title says.

Development site.

Trying to create a single CPT template. Selected Views block but I am unable to create a new one. Only gives the option of using an existing view, of which there are none as new site.

I also tried it in a normal post. Created a view block but still only given choice of existing block

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The option to create a new view from the view block is not available if "Show only the legacy interface for designing with shortcodes" is selected for "Editing Experience".
( at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General )

Please select the 'blocks interface' or 'legacy and blocks interface' option for the editing experience and you'll be able to create the blocks-based views.

regards,
Waqar

It is not selected. I had the default "blocks interface" selected from the start. I then changed it to "legacy and blocks interface" in case that was needed, although I could see that it would be.

The "Show only legacy interface" has never been selected

I have created many, many block views on other sites of very similar structure and never had a problem

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back and that is strange.

Do you see any error or warning in the browser's console or in the server's error log, when a view block is added?

It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

And in case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details in reply to this message, for further investigation.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

While trying to add a view block on your website, I see a couple of "405 errors" in the browser's console. This suggests that some of the WordPress REST API requests needed by the Blocks are being blocked by the server.

I'll recommend testing this website's clone on any other online or localhost server and if the issue is fixed, consult your hosting provider to see if they have any extra security policies in place, which can interfere with the WordPress REST API.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

The host added OPTIONS to the Apache configuration, which fixed the reported errors. There are no other server blocks or security policies.
However, it did not fix the problem.

I had a wordpress site on the main domain with Toolset installed, so I tested the View block there and it was working perfectly, both before and after the OPTIONS was added to Apache.

I then restored a backup of the subdomain database (products). The Views block from that restore did not work on the main domain either, so I assume it must be something to do with the database.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update.

Can you please share a clone/snapshot of this subdomain website?
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

This will allow me to troubleshoot it on a test server.

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

I have decided to scrap the site and start from the beginning again as the problem has taken me more time looking into it than it did to set the site up!

I have started doing this and, having reset the database, the view plugin is now behaving correctly

Thank you for your help though.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.