Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Pulling the wrong Product Archive Views

This support ticket is created hace 4 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 45 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Jamal hace 3 años, 12 meses.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Autor
Vendor_views_backend.jpg
Vendor_views.jpg

I followed your instructions and deleted the WordPress Archive - when I deleted it this other Archive appeared on the front end - see attached. I dont know where this is pulling from as I deleted all the Elementor Templates..

The other thing that happened is that 2 other views appeared on the back end - see attached. I did not create them, they just appeared. Before I recreate the original Archive, I'd like some help understanding what is happening.

Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Francés (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

When you deleted the WordPress Archive for Organiser taxonomy, the WordPress archive for Products ("Organiser" in your screenshot) was used to render the page(your other screenshot).

These WordPress archives are mostly created by a user(you or another user), I did not create any of them. The second one "Products Categories archive" will be used for product categories in pages like /product-category/auto and will display all products that have the category "Auto" assigned.

WordPress has its own way of affecting templates(WordPress templates) for different pages of the website(pages, single post pages, archives). Toolset integrates this process and adds a way to customize further the output.
Read more about WordPress templates hierarchy, to understand better how WordPress works, here: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/

Vendor_views_backend.jpg
Vendor_views_frontend.jpg
Vendor_views_ViewonFrontEnd.jpg

> When you deleted the WordPress Archive for Organiser taxonomy, the WordPress archive for Products ("Organiser" in your screenshot) was used to render the page(your other screenshot).

So you are saying that WordPress Archive Organiser is now affecting that page. However it doesn't seem like it is because these are two different pages:

1) the formatting of 'hidden link' is different from that of the Organiser Archive Template - see attached screenshots for the differences circled in Red. For instance: in one the 'by Organiser' appears above the featured image (front end) and in the other one the same field is located below the photo. And there is an 'Add to Cart' button on the front end that does not appear on back end of Organiser.

I am trying to figure out where the Front End is pulling from - I am unable to find out a template that matches it. Could you please tell me why are these two formats different?

2) The WordPress Archive called Organiser is pulling from a view called 'Events-grid'. When I click on View from the Front End, it shows a scrambled view with multiple blocks inside each grid. There must be an error somewhere.

I think I understand what is happening: the multivendor plugin that I am using has a default shop page and the page is using that template, not the Archive template created by Toolset.

I need to link the Archive Template created by Toolset to the page. The plugin makers said that I need to use the WordPress hierarchy to use the custom template for taxonomy..

I am not sure how to do this without coding. Is there any way Toolset could help modify that Archive Section?

Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Just create another WordPress archive for the taxonomy Organiser(taxonomy provided by YITH) and customize it.

Start small, first, display only titles, then add images, and so on. I'll let you create a new one and play with it. If you encounter any issues, get back to me and tell me what you were trying to do.

I also noticed that you did not install our plugin "WooCommerce Views", you can install it automatically in Plugins->Add New->Commercial(tab).

Wordpress_Archive2.jpg
Wordpress_Archive.jpg

The problem is that there is another Taxonomy Archive for Organisers so that the Archive created by Toolset is not being picked up - see attached screenshot.

I have looked everywhere and dont know where is this pre-existing Organisers Archive. And How do I detach it so that I can use the one created by Toolset. Please see the Woocommerce Template settings - do I need to go to cpanel and change the file? If so how..

- Please help me locate that other Taxonomy Archive for Organiser Taxonomy
- Please help me detach it so that I can use the one created by Toolset

Jamal
Supporter

It seems that some deleted WordPress Archives templates are still on the trash. Check this screenshot hidden link

Can you delete permanently these templates and try again.

Yes they have been deleted.

Jamal
Supporter

I created a new WordPress archive for the taxonomy Organiser "Product Organiser Archive" I'll let you customize it. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Product_Organiser_Archive2.jpg
Product_Organiser_Archive.jpg

So I opened the 'Product Archive Organiser' that you created and there seems to be an error.

This is what I see - see screenshot. It is a Dynamic View pulling from somewhere and it tells me to use Settings to edit.

And I go to Settings and get an error message.

Jamal
Supporter

The message is a default WordPress editor message. The editor keeps some recent versions on the browser before saving them on the server. You can ignore it or use it if you want to recover your last modification.

For the view, my apologies, I was displaying the featured image inside a "Single Field" block instead of a "Toolset Image" blog. I fixed it you can check it now.

Finally, when the preview breaks and displays an error message, you can try reloading the page.

OrganiserArchive.jpg

Amazing - it is fixed now. Thank you!

I have a few minor follow ups:

- I tried to create a conditional display on displaying the Organiser name field only if the taxonomy is not empty but it won't let me do it.
Here is the code: [wpv-conditional if="('[wpv-post-taxonomy type='yith_shop_vendor']' ne ' ') By Organiser name as clickable link as it is now [/wpv-conditional]

- Is it possible to only show Products that are of the taxonomy 'event-ticket' - How can I use the filter to do this?

- How can I reduce the spacing between each field? I was not able to reduce it by adjusting the padding.

- Is there a way to make the post images the same size? I got the impression that Toolset resized the images so the output is uniform.

Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Awesome 🙂

I do not think you will need to have a condition on the organiser name. Each post that will be displayed on this archive post will already have the organiser name:
- For /organiser/beyondbusiness/ the organiser is beyondbusiness
- For /organiser/xxxx the organiser is xxxx

I believe that each of the remaining questions should go to a new ticket. For that reason, I will create a new ticket for each, but I need your confirmation that they are all about the same archive page(Archive page for Organiser taxonomy).
I'll kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved.

archive2.jpg
error.jpg
archive.jpg

Something happened and the Product Archive became unassigned and I got an error message when trying to access that page.

However the Archive Page that was created is still there..I am not sure what happened..how do I connect it back?

Jamal
Supporter

You should activate PHP debugging, right now, there is nothing new written on the debug log file. Check hidden link

Follow this article to activate PHP debugging or allow me FTP access to check it further.
- https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.