Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] One field in two field groups

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 10 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Hoy no hay técnicos de soporte disponibles en el foro Juego de herramientas. Siéntase libre de enviar sus tiques y les daremos trámite tan pronto como estemos disponibles en línea. Gracias por su comprensión.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Este tema contiene 3 respuestas, tiene 2 mensajes.

Última actualización por Kenneth Horn hace 6 años, 9 meses.

Asistido por: Shane.

Autor

I am trying to: Create two field groups containing the same field
Link to my site: Development only
I expected to see: The ability to have a single field appear in two field groups
Instead, I got: That functioning not available per this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-one-field-to-two-field-groups-does-not-work-properly/
In the last post in that thread before it was closed Beda (support) asked: What is the reasoning in having many Field Groups with SAME fields on SAME post type?
Simple answer: To avoid database BLOAT. If you create separate CUSTOM FIELDS you will add an extra line to the postmeta table which could eventually lead to problems for a site with lots of posts or lots or custom fields. Limiting the number of custom fields is always a good thing for that reason. The capitalization of the word "SAME" in the question implies that you can have separate field groups with the same FIELD provide they are assigned to / used by separate post types. Is that true? And if so what is the link to instructions stating how to accomplish that?

Supplement: No guidance required for having SAME field in SEPARATE field groups provided that group is only associated with a SEPARATE post type. Apparently once you remove the post type to which that FIELD is otherwise assigned it then reappears in the post type to which it was originally associated.

Shane
Supporter

Idiomas: Inglés (English )

Zona horaria: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 1.24.36 PM.png

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

When you are creating a new field group and adding fields to it, there should be a button that allows you to choose fields from existing fields that you had previously created. See Screenshot

Please let me know if you are seeing this button.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks. I have the answers I required.

Este ticket ya está cerrado. Si eres cliente de Toolset y necesitas ayuda relacionada, abre un nuevo ticket de soporte.