Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] How to add next/prev pagination to single post displayed in content template?

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
I want to add post to post navigation, when you visit a single post, you should be able to navigate to the previous and next.

Solution:
Toolset will provide pagination items in Views, where there is a Loop we can control.

The Single Post pagination is something that needs to be handled by the Theme.

What you can do is create an Archive or a View, and use that instead.
But that will not allow single-post pagination as you are used to by a Theme.

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by mikeC-5 hace 6 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to add next/previous pagination to the bottom of my content template for single CPTs. There is a master view index and I want people to be able to click on the single item from there, and view the items but have the next/previous in sequence available.

I've activated it using the theme's generic next/previous but I would like more control over placement -- I'd like to put them in a different place than where it applies to blog posts. The theme just applies it generically for all post/CPTs.

I tried creating a View with this content template and pagination on the bottom. That works fine if you're looking at it through the View but the pagination doesn't show up when you click on a single item.

Should I create a View with just pagination and place that at the bottom of the content template?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Views will provide pagination items on Views, where there is a Loop we can control.

The Single Post pagination is something that needs to be handled by the Theme.

What you can do is create an Archive or a View, and use that instead. But that will not allow single-post pagination as you are used to by a Theme.

Ah, got it. I see there are some plugins that allow for custom pagination for single posts. I'll run with those. thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.