Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Create user form is only showing up for admin level users

This support ticket is created hace 1 año, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 18 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by daveG-7 hace 1 año, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Autor
Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 10.51.15 AM.png

As of a few days ago, no one except admins can see the create user form at hidden link

If I put other content in the layout that creates the page, users of other roles can see it, but not the form.

This is the same if I disable the Toolset Access plugin. However, in that plugin, I don't seem to have the regular settings for User Forms (see screenshot) - I only have one option.

A few followup details:
- I tried deleting Access and reinstalling, and still have the same issue
-I tried disabling all plugins except the Toolset ones and still had the same issue
-This issue seems to affect all user forms

Hello,

I have tried it in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, see below test site:
Login URL:
hidden link

1) Create a user form
hidden link

2) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Access control-> Toolset Forms-> User Forms Frontend Access
hidden link
I can see the settings for above user form:
Create User with the Form "create user form"

3) Test above user form in frontend:
hidden link
It works fine.

So the problem is abnormal, Please check these in your website:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
2) Deactivate all other plugins/theme, clear your browser cache and test again

Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 9.02.33 AM.png

Thank you. From the example you set up, I see that the option I'm missing in Access Control -> Toolset Forms -> User Forms Frontend Access is: Create User with the Form "create user form" - and this is exactly what isn't working.

I disabled all plugins, switched to the 2022 default theme, cleared my browser cache, and the issue was still there (see screenshot).

I tried creating another admin user and viewing the access controls for forms with that account, and had the same issue, so it's not something to do with permissions for my particular admin account.

Is there any way to change this setting directly in the database (what user levels can create users with the create user form? Not having a signup form is a big problem for this membership / directory site.

Since the problem only exists in your website, there should be some other compatibility issue, please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with test site credentials, I need a live website to test and debug.

That is understandable. I'll create a test site ASAP and give you credentials to look into the issue there when it's up.

Dave

OK, please let me know if you still need assistance for it, update here if your test site is ready for debug, private message box enabled again

I have tried the credentials you provided above, it is an admin account, I see only below message in WP admin side:
Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Please make sure it is a valid admin account, then update here.

Ok, it's now a real admin account. Same password and username.

Dave

I can see the problem in your test site, it is very strange: it does not effect post forms.

In order to get the PHP debug logs and deactivate those Drop-in plugins, I have tried the FTP access you provided above, it is not valid, I get below error message:

Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Could not connect to server

I need to export your website database into my localhost, reproduce the same problem, will update here if find anything

farm-user-forms.jpg

I have tried your website database dump file in my localhost, it works fine, see my screenshot farm-user-forms.jpg

So there should be other server/compatibility issues in your website, please check the FTP access, make sure it is valid.

I need to get the PHP debug logs from your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging

Sorry, the ftp server should be hidden link - the other details are correct.

The FTP server isn't correct:
http://ftp.farm.spitzertech.net: Name or service not known
please check it, make sure it is valid. thanks

It's hidden link, not http, since it's an ftp account.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.