Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Clickable custom fields (Check Boxes, radio button, select)

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
The issue here was that the user wanted to have his checkbox values clickable and when you click on those values it takes you to a page that lists all the posts with the same option selected.

Solution:

Unfortunately this is not possible and I would recommend the use of taxonomies as taxonomies are able to do this well.

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 1 mes. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by ErdemD1542 hace 6 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor
A0.png
A3.png
a1.png
a2.png
A0.png
A3.png
a2.png
a1.png

I am trying to:

I'm trying to make clickable custom fields like taxonomies.
For Example:Result of design post types which have android features when user click android text.

I have post types(name:design). Design post type have checkboxes and raido buttons.

I'm gonna use view plugin for result. It'll be grateful if you have other advices or option of toolset which I don't know yet.

What I tried:
I tried "a href " option on selected values. But it didn't work. I tried view loop wizard with many combinations but I couldn't get any result but simple text results .

Checkboxes could be replaced with taxonomy option but I also need clickable views of radio option and select fields etc.

What I need:
How can I make clickable custom fields that shows the design posts which have same features.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Erdem,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

When you click on these select values what should happen ? Is it that if I click windows it should take me to a page that lists all the posts that have windows selected?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Yes , It will take you a page that lists all the posts that have windows selected. Thanks for attention.
How can I make it does work ?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Erden,

This is exactly what a taxonomy does. I would recommend the use of taxonomies instead of custom fields. Taxonomies have archives and when you click their links it takes you to the respective archive where you can see posts in that category.

Is there any reason why you don't want to use or can't use taxonomies?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
I have around 30 fields group. I've read more taxonomies make website slower.I don't know it's true or not. Is it right?

The main reason is ;
Some of field groups (fields shouldn't be seperated) are on cred forms and some of them has conditional options. And Conditional Group option on cred plugin only for fields not for taxonomies.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Erdem,

I see so you have quite a large number of items pre-existing.

I did a little experiment and it seems I was able to get it to work, not perfect but it works.

So I added this as my value for one of my radio options value.
<a href=sample-page/>TEST</a>

Then I displayed the output by doing this [types field="test-radio" output='raw'][/types] using the output='raw' parameter so it gives me the value.

It should be noted that this will only work if the pages exist that you are linking to. I would recommend creating a page for each of the options and create and add a view . Each page will have a view that is pre-filtered for the category that is clicked on.

Please let me know if this helps or if you're unsure of anything.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
So every page for option will have their own views that what I have to make individual views for each fields.
There will be around 100 views for 30 groups of fields... Does it make web site slower or not ?
Is this your your advice or is it what I have to do ? I wonder If you advice me to convert all fields to taxonomy ?
Which is better for light server load and a faster website? Taxonomies or field with link(what I pefered)

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Erdem,

You can actually use a single view and filter the view dynamically.

If you setup an example in the checkbox field I can create an example view to show this dynamic view filter. Our Views can be filtered using url parameters.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok,How can I send you wp admin details ?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Erdem,

I've enabled the private fields for you so that you can provide me with access.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Erdem,

I have some bad news.

So this actually isn't possible. The reason is because when filtering the view we would need to compare it using the value of the field.

If we set the value of the field as a clickable anchor tag then we wouldn't be able to run the query to select all the items that are in such a category.

Let me know if you understand what i'm saying as to why it wouldn't be possible.

Thanks,
Shane

OK Shane, I have to continue with your advice if it's not prossible.
So one more question.I can make some fields shown or hidden according to option selected above of cred forms.
How can I make a search view according to parameters. For example a fields group will be shown according to taxonnomy selected.Then other fields will be shown according to previous option selected.
You may see fields are not shown even taxonomy selected at "A Test for view Search" page
Is there any documentation with toolset without PHP coding
I couldn't find a document or missed something.

Thanks

At the end, Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.