Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] View won't update on existing page, updates on new page

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 12 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by mikeC-5 hace 7 años, 3 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

I am trying to: My View should display last modified items. However, this View seems stuck and won't pull new data. I put the View on a test page and it does pull the most recent.

I visited this URL:
Existing page: hidden link
Test page with proper updates: hidden link

I suppose I could theoretically just create a new page but I know moving slugs around mucks up the MySQL database, so I'd prefer just to get it to work. Plus, I don't know if this is indicative of another problem. The other views on the site (Agents, Editors) work fine and update as they should.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is really strange thing. What if you try to resave your view settings once again and try to resolve your issue. Also, what if you try to recreate your view?

Could you please send me debug information that will help us to investigate your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Here is the debug info.

I duplicated the form and was able to resolve the issue. However, it still shows the same problem when I call up the original View. Hoping the debug mode might give you more info.

Minesh
Supporter

After reviewing debug information you shared with me I found following things:

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
-- You are using outdated WordPress version - Could you please update it
=> https://wordpress.org/download/

-- You are using outdated Toolset plugin version - Could you please udpate ALL Toolset plugins to latest official release version and try to resolve your issue. You can download it from:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

After following above steps your issue still persists:
=> Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

There's something bigger going on here. I found that I couldn't Add a new View or Content Template. I'd click the button and the target URL would add a # but nothing would change (no Lightbox opens up). In the View or Content Template, I can save all changes. However, the changes don't actually show up in the Content Template.

This is a bigger issue because I need to add a new field to the Content Template.

I updated WP and all activated plugins, and none of this has changed. I also tried deactivating all active plugins one at a time. I also tried switching to 2015. Nothing changed. I don't know if it's a database or a PHP issue.

More info:

I can duplicate/add on Term Fields, Post Types, and Post Fields group.

More troubleshooting: it appears that new content can publish, normal Post/Page content can publish but custom fields will not update.

Debug info is the same except WP is updated and all plugins are updated.

Info from host: using PHP 5.4.43 and MySQL 5.6.32

More troubleshooting: I created a post in a CPT and filled out the custom fields. It published fine. I then edited it and the edits published. So it only appears to be legacy content that's having this issue. Does that point to the MySQL database?

Another update -- finally got through to Bluehost. They turned off server-side caching (Varnish) and that did the trick with the front-end display of updates on custom fields. I checked the View that was causing the original problem, as well as several custom posts that I manually updated as tests. I also increased mem_input_var to 2000.

However, I'm still having issues duplicating or adding new content templates and Views. Same issue where I click it and it goes nowhere.

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to know that your original issue is resolved. May I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for your each new question. This will help other users searching on the forum.

Thank you for understanding.

I've just discovered that the issue is not totally resolved. It appears that updates/edits appear when I am logged in as a user. However, when I am logged out, the updates/edits don't appear, like everything reverts back to an older version of the database.

This is true with both minor content edits and content template edits.

It should be noted that I am NOT using any caching tools. And I can verify that my host has deactivated Varnish and I have cleared the cache.

Got through to Bluehost support and they cleared a different (non-Varnish) cache. That seemed to work for all public views (tested across two computers/two networks). Thanks! I will create separate threads for my tangential issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.